How can I move all VSTs and plugins from Users>Shared to Users>DSKcomposer?

DSKcomposer

I would like all my VSTs and plugins to be located in my User folder 

However, somewhere along the way, I must have set the download path to Shared even though I am the only user on my Mac Studio

Does anyone know the process on how to relocate the VSTs and plugins from the Shared to User folder?

Thank you

6 minutes ago, DSKcomposer said:

I must have set the download path to Shared even though I am the only user on my Mac Studio

Does anyone know the process on how to relocate the VSTs and plugins from the Shared to User folder?

Plugins aren't stored in the shared folder. There are precisely two places that macOS lets AudioUnit plugins be run from and that's:

/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components (the root level Library), and
~/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components (the Library folder in your user home directory)

Some plugins place additional data into the Shared folders, that's an implementation decision by those plugins, and you usually can't change that behaviour, unless there is an option inside the plugin to do that.

I suggest you don't randomly start moving bits of plugin installations to where *you* want them, away from where the plugin wants them, otherwise you will likely break things.

1 minute ago, des99 said:

Plugins aren't stored in the shared folder. There are precisely two places that macOS lets AudioUnit plugins be run from and that's:

/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components (the root level Library), and
~/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components (the Library folder in your user home directory)

Some plugins place additional data into the Shared folders, that's an implementation decision by those plugins, and you usually can't change that behaviour, unless there is an option inside the plugin to do that.

I suggest you don't randomly start moving bits of plugin installations to where *you* want them, away from where the plugin wants them, otherwise you will likely break things.

Ahhh, yes I worded it improperly - it is the additional data, samples, etc. that is in the Shared folder

I was thinking I could consolidate that into my own User folder since nobody else uses my Mac and there are no other users setup on my Mac

It seemed superfluous to have those scattered across two folders but, I can't always get what I want