Filling in the survey in Spotify

hi,

At DAWs I was an absolute beginner but I’ve finished my first song ever in LPfiP ten days  ago. It will be released 4th of May. Thanks also to @oscwilde here on the forum who helped me very much with the technical issues on recording myself on piano in LPfiPwith a Focusrite Scarlet.

The reason it’ll take a while is because on Spotify I didn’t already have an artist profile and so on, and that takes time according my distribution service. However since saturday Spotify has granted my access to Spotify for artists. Besides that my song has also been accepted on the other platforms.

I wanted to pitch my coming release in Spotify and that is where my question is all about.

I have to fill in the instruments that are in my song, it’s an instrumental song.

I’ve recorded myself on piano and for the rest I’ve used drummer and loops.  Sometimes just bits of loops which I’ve cutted and paste here and there, for example some bass guitar loops from Cory Wong. Also I’ve used loops with conga and other percussion.

Now my question is do I have to fill in all those instruments appart or do I besides piano just have to fill in ‘samples’ ? 

Thanks in advance!

Elisa

I'll preface this by saying I'm no lawyer....

Apple Loop content is royalty-free and can be used as you wish - for music creation.
You can't, however, repackage Logic content (loops, etc.) and re-sell it as a sample collection, for example.
https://support.apple.com/en-us/101908

WRT Spotify, "samples" would probably suffice...as you are using royalty-free content provided by Apple with Logic.
https://artists.spotify.com/en/blog/the-dos-and-donts-of-sample-clearances

• Like 1

thanks a lot @oscwildefor you answer !

the links you shared are interesting, I also already have read the same about that Apple Loops are royalty free but that it can be a problem on Youtube.

I’ve asked the same question about what to fill in to my distributor and just now they’ve answered me that I can fill in the instruments that you hear even when they’re digital.

So I’ll fill in both the instruments and samples.

thanks again,

Elisa

• Like 1