What does "Keep Bus Number" mean when importing tracks from another project

JoshJ

I imported a bunch of Auxes (with pre-existing routing) into my mix template and they have messed up all my templates bus numbering/labeling. How do I avoid this happening? I didn't check the box that said "Keep Bus Number" from the import browser because i though this meant to keep the bus numbering of the imported buses. Should I have checked this box?

Ps, I think you can only see this "Keep Bus Number" column if the source project you are importing from was made on another Mac and therefore has different bus numbering/labeling than currently exists in your Logic mixer I/O page Prefs.

Edited by joshj

In Point 4. from the "Import Data From Another Project" section of the Logic manual, where it explains what each of the track import columns mean, it mentioned nothing of the "Keep Bus Number" column. For the "I/O" column it states "Use to import the I/O settings of a channel strip." So one would presume checking the checkbox on the "Keep Bus Number" would indeed import the bus numbering from the source project. But I left this unchecked and it's still messed up all my bus labeled.

https://support.apple.com/en-mt/guide/logicpro/lgcpce085447/10.6/mac/10.15

• 3 years later...