Weird scrolling/mouse issues in LP 10.8.1

Bradley Hagen
Go to solution Solved by Atlas007,

This is a strange one..... And I cannot really capture the issues with a screenshot either. 

1.) For some reason, I cannot scroll back to the beginning of my project now (using Magic Mouse 2 as always...nothing new) Did some setting that dictates scrolling behavior get jacked up somehow?? I did recently start using the Nektar CS 12 controller, but I unplugged it entirely, and still had the same issue...I also tried a different mouse, and just used the laptop touchpad as well...same problem. It seems like only the visible area on my screen is "scrollable" I've rebooted...etc...etc..etc.. And it is only the main window, the mix window works fine!

2.) Related issue - When I click on a box within the Region Inspector, I cannot enter anything..... For example, I wanted to put a 20 ms crossfade on a region, and when I click the box to just enter in "20", it will not let me enter the data...!!!

This is driving me nuts man, and I have a couple of projects due at the end of the week, so if anyone has any idea about this please let me know! Thanks in advance!

• David Nahmani changed the title to Weird scrolling/mouse issues in LP 10.8.1
  • Solution
Posted (edited)

Many people reported various issues running LP10.8.1 with macOS Ventura which got solved by upgrading macOS to Sonoma…

Anyhow, the first step I would try (before macOS upgrade) would be to "Bypass All Contro. Surfaces":

• Choose Logic Pro > Control Surfaces > Bypass all Control Surfaces.

If that (temporarily) solves your issue, chances are that you have some rogue control surface that got installed in your Control Surface Setup window. Deleting that rogue control surface should normally solve the issue permanently.image.thumb.png.826a807153805202e93a48de6b4fbf3b.png

If the above isn’t pertinent or doesn’t help, chances are that your project (template) got somehow corrupted.

One easy way to sort this out would be to create a fresh new project (without using a project template). If the issue is then gone in that new project, the corruption is most likely the source of the problem.

In such a case, the solution would be to rebuild the project by mean of (gradually) importing the data from the (unloaded) corrupted project into a fresh new project (not using any project template).

⚠️Proceeding gradually for that data importation is highly advisable to avoid importing eventually the problematic (corrupted) data.

⚠️Also, avoid (to ever) loading two projects (or more) at once: always close the current project before either starting a new one or loading another one.

⚠️ Dragging data from an opened project to another one is notorious to corrupt opened projects, often insidiously…

Edited by Atlas007

Thanks for the reply...I tried step 1, and it did not solve the issue.... I cannot even export tracks out of this project, and into a new one, because I cannot even get the cursor back to bar 1!!! .... I am hesitant to upgrade to Sonoma, but i may just bite the bullet, because I am stuck, and have a deadline tomorrow 

To Bypass all Control Surfaces, you don’t need to move the playhead (or "get the cursor back to bar 1").

If you opt to rebuild your project, you don’t need to open the problematic project either. Keep it closed, don’t load it in Logic.

Instead:

• Create a fresh new project (without using a project template).
  • In that new project (gradually) import the data from the (unloaded) corrupted project into the newly created fresh project (do not use any project template).

⚠️Proceeding gradually for that data importation is highly advisable to avoid importing eventually the problematic (corrupted) data.

⚠️Also, avoid (to ever) loading two projects (or more) at once: always close the current project before either starting a new one or loading another one.

⚠️ Dragging data from an opened project to another one is notorious to corrupt opened projects, often insidiously…

Edited by Atlas007

I really appreciate your response!...What I meant to say is that "Bypass all Control Surfaces" did not solve the issue (And I did delete a couple of older rogue IPAD controllers as well), so I was speaking to exporting out the tracks one by one from the project, so I can open a fresh project and import them in.... Since I cannot even get the cursor back to zero and set a cycle from bar 1 to bounce the tracks out, I am somewhat screwed... I suppose that I could just open a fresh project, and grab the files from the audio files folder of the corrupted project, but there is a ton of MIDI in the corrupted project to deal with as well.... I am really leaning on upgrading to Sonoma and taking my chances, but it is still the same version of Logic yes?? Thanks in advance!

You don’t need to export anything from your problematic project.

It seems that you did not (know how to?) use my url leading to the documentation explaining how to import data from an existing project (without opening it) into a fresh new project (as explained above).

Often the underlined text represents a url which is a link leading to another website (in this case, the documentation explaining how to import data from another project).

Anyhow, for more obviousness sake here is the link (to click / tap on):

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/guide/logicpro/lgcpce085447/10.8/mac/13.5

⚠️ Another precaution to be aware to avoid corrupt a project file to get corrupted avoid putting anything before bar 1.1.1.1.

Edited by Atlas007