Confirm bug "close window"?

I take it this is a totally custom key command set?

By default in the US key command set:
Key "2" will open screenset 2. Cmd-W is the default Close Window key command.
Shift-P is assigned to Search Sample Peak.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Sir Hannes said:

Hi,

key command "Close window" is on key "2" and closes every selected window. If I re-assign it to "Shift+P" the same entry closes now ALL windows, beside the selected one.

Anyone can confirm?

Nope, works just fine here, even with the highly unusual KC assignments you chose

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

The "one command" is of course: Shift + P for "Close Window" (EDITED)

I checked if this is double assigned, but no.

I closed all 3rd party (also background) software, but the behavior stays.

Weird!

Edited by Sir Hannes

Posted (edited)

Screensets are "banned" here, I do not use them so I deleted keycommands for them so they do not interact. Also, I would see if it is a screenset as the windows are collapsing and building up again.

I checked macOS preferences in each single App where shortcuts are assigned: no Shift + P.

Edited by Sir Hannes

1 minute ago, Sir Hannes said:

Screensets are "banned" here, I do not use them so I deleted keycommands for them so they do not interact.

Open your key command assignments window in Logic Pro. Make sure the search field is cleared then click in the list of commands so that it has focus. Now press "2" on your keyboard. 

What is "2" assigned to? 

Hm, I tried Shift+Ctrl+P, then Shift+Ctrl+N - these all close all windows.

I set it to another letter which was unused: only the selected window was closed. 

Haha, I am lost 😄

"2" is assigned to nothing, as it was assigned to "Close Window" before, by myself.

Before I change key commands I delete the line to not interrupt with multiple commands.

I see. 

I just tested here and it does not matter what keyboard combination I assign to "Close Window", be it '2' or 'Shift-P', it works as expected and closes the top window. 

Do you have any other utility that may be messing with your key commands on your systems? 

If not, try to quickly create a new user on your Mac and see if the key commands behave for that user? 

Yes, I would agree its about another utility, although all of these I terminated for testing purposes.

I figured out that this is only behaving weird with the plugin windows, but floating windows are not effected. There, the key command works as expected. Additionally these modifier+Y are working, others (below) not:
Cmd+Shift+Y
Alt+Shift+Y

Missbehaving:
Shift+Y
Ctrl+Shift+Y

Will investigated why this happens with plugin windows.

• Like 2

It's not that weird when one takes into consideration that the Shift modifier indeed ensures that all plug-in windows are closed (just try out by clicking on one plug-in window's close button while holding Shift). So the bug really is that, if the key command is a combination of only the Shift modifier and one other key, Logic will not ignore that modifier later on when it executes the key command.

• Like 2

Solution/ fix under the premiss that you own any 3rd-party-App which overwrites Logics internal key commands.

I use BTT (https://folivora.ai) and the trick is to differentiate left or right modifier as the bug appears only with the left shift-button. I solved it:

1. In LogicPro keep Shift+P
2. in BTT set up two commands:
2a) select differentiate and press left Shift + P => I sent out a short HUD "LogicBug, use right Shift"
2b) select differentiate and press right Shift + P
2c) add to the last the key stroke "Shift+P".

At least for now this works and I can continue with my personal layout.

• Like 1

Hahaha, yes I do 😉 It's a matter of brain muscles. I have to follow my guidelines to keep up logic. If I am working on sound and music, my creative flow must go on, and anything which blocks me, reduces my output.

If I am doing crazy stuff which no computer nor system nor app is meant to be used, than I agree, I will then overthink and change my approach 😄

On 4/23/2024 at 9:08 PM, polanoid said:

It's not that weird when one takes into consideration that the Shift modifier indeed ensures that all plug-in windows are closed (just try out by clicking on one plug-in window's close button while holding Shift). So the bug really is that, if the key command is a combination of only the Shift modifier and one other key, Logic will not ignore that modifier later on when it executes the key command.

It's not that simple because if a normal window is selected, then Shift + Y closes only the top window, but if a plug-in window is selected, then Shift + Y closes all plug-in windows.