Some tracks have latency

JoshJ

Im experiencing audible latency on a number of my channels in a project. All tracks are visually on the beat and in time on the bpm counter. Any ideas what might be the culprit and where I should start investigating? I think it might be something to do with the bussing but can't figure it out. 

If you hover the mouse over your plugins, you'll see how much latency each plugin is telling Logic it needs.

Remember what latencies can be compensated for, and what latencies will delay the audio signal to line everything up.

Thanks @des99. It wasn't a plugin latency issue though. I noticed that the meter of the kick channel was actually in time with the metronome, but the meter of the bus it was feeding, was behind the beat. I deleted that bus (Flattened the Stack) and restacked it and now it's working ok. Any ideas what the issue might have been?

• Like 1

Without being able to troubleshoot the project myself, I can't really suggest what might have been going on, other than speculation. Sometimes Logic just behaves weird, it could have just been that... or there might have been a reason that you missed. I guess for now, just take the fix...! 🙂

20 hours ago, JoshJ said:

I deleted that bus (Flattened the Stack) and restacked it and now it's working ok.

Good to hear you found a fix. 

Sometimes I've noticed that Logic can get confused in its plug-in delay handling when I start turning plug-ins on and off during playback, or when Logic is left idle for a while. In these cases, restarting Logic typically fixes the glitch.