Logic changes pitch and tempo when bouncing

kingonort

Hi!

I'm on logic 10.8.1 using a macbook pro with Sonoma 14.1.1

In the last weeks when I bounce my projects the file that I get has another pitch and tempo. Like slowed down.

I have tried to do a project where I recorded only one guitar with mic. So no plugins or anything used, no mastering....nothing. Only an audio track. And even then it happens.

When I bounce I choose 16bit 44.100

What can be the problem?

I recently had the same problem in importing an audio track in DaVinci Resolve (pitch & tempo down), kind of thing I did many time without any issue, so I'll follow this topic with attention.

2 hours ago, FLH3 said:

I recently had the same problem in importing an audio track in DaVinci Resolve (pitch & tempo down)

Well then while waiting for kingonort to come back here, did you check that it wasn't a sample rate mismatch? How much transposition, as in how many semitones? 

• Like 1

I just updated my OS to the last version and all of the suden all of the "bad" bounced files are ok now.

Trying to resolve the problem I bounced in many different ways saving all of the bounces. But now all of them sound good. I don't understand how and why but the problem seems fixed now

10 hours ago, David Nahmani said:

Well then while waiting for kingonort to come back here, did you check that it wasn't a sample rate mismatch? How much transposition, as in how many semitones?

I presume it was that (or 24fps/25fps/30fps issue) but I didn't measured anything and it happened one time.

And actualy it was not in Da Vinci, it was with iMovie. (I still used it for simple one-shot tasks like just replace an audio track by its new version of the same length/same structure).  So I closed iMovie, switched to Da Vinci and everything was OK. As a good ol' lazy dude I didn't search any further 😎

Yes maybe something to do with 44.1 and 48 but all my work is in 48.

Edited by FLH3