Migration continues :)

Joseph Hanna

1. WeIl l was wondering if someone might take the time to help me replicate something I find extremely helpful in Pro Tools yet can't quite replicate in Logic.
  2. In my PT's template, I have 6 "stand-alone (what we call)aux tracks. On each of those "aux" tracks are my favorite time-based plug-ins. Those time-based plug-ins are then made "inactive" in Pro Tools and packed into a folder. Inactive BTW in PT means there is zero CPU drain. So, in short, I have a folder in Pro Tools, which holds 6 or 7 inactive reverbs, etc, outputs routed, and inputs waiting ready to go at any given notice. Tucked neatly away until I need em. I see a bunch of “create a bus to an aux” scenarios on line etc but that's way more fundamental than I need,
  3. but no simple “create several stand-alone” aux tracks. I hope that makes sense and someone kindly step in 🙂

Yes, you can create whatever aux tracks you need, add the plugins you want in a turned off/deactivated state, and if you want also have tracks in the arrange page with those aux channels assigned hidden away in your template. Is this not what you want?

When you say "can't quite replicate", what are you doing, and where is it falling short? Are you saying you don't know how to create new aux channel strips? There are a few ways to do this, but the easiest is from the mixer window, Options -> Create new Auxiliary Channel Strip.

6 hours ago, des99 said:

Yes, you can create whatever aux tracks you need, add the plugins you want in a turned off/deactivated state, and if you want also have tracks in the arrange page with those aux channels assigned hidden away in your template. Is this not what you want?

When you say "can't quite replicate", what are you doing, and where is it falling short? Are you saying you don't know how to create new aux channel strips? There are a few ways to do this, but the easiest is from the mixer window, Options -> Create new Auxiliary Channel Strip.

Well, when I say I can’t quite replicate it, it's decidedly not a knock. 🙂 Pro Tools will always be a better Audio editor but I find Logic Pro can match everything, and then some I've so far thrown at it. Yes, you've described almost exactly what I'd like to set up.

Here are two screenshots of my Pro Tools Template (or at least part of my template). One, FX folder is closed and two FX folders have been opened. You of course mentioned it's doable in Logic's arrange page, Pro Tools it's done on the mix page. Matters not to me as long as the outcome is the same. Just want 6 or 7 "stand by" Aux return tracks (maybe more now with some new time-based plugins), semi-routed, not taking up CPU!

Screenshot 2024-04-14 at 4.12.41 PM (2).png

Pic two: 

Screenshot 2024-04-27 at 4.00.17 PM (2).png

1 hour ago, Joseph Hanna said:

Just want 6 or 7 "stand by" Aux return tracks (maybe more now with some new time-based plugins), semi-routed, not taking up CPU!

So did you try my suggestion? Does this not do what you want?