wanna hear my music?

gschmitt

hey, man! to be totally honest: NO, this was PT.

i did this disk in a studio equipped with a brand new update to ProTools 7.1...bugs and all! everything was live....the drummers i used were MONSTERS!...thnx for noticing! hehehe. i am very happy with the mix, but i paid for it (bob st. john - the guy from Extreme). I WISH i could get that sound! hehehe. most of what you hear was neumann mics through any combination of avalon/focusrite/TRUE preamps. (the studio was well-stocked.)

about the DAW, i'm just NOW switching myself over to LOGIC for everything and i'm going to be recording in the same studio within the next year for another disk, but on LOGIC 8. (The studio owner just bought it to be compatible with me...i'm flattered!)

i really, really appreciated the kind comments, guys....it's easy to lose the will when you're a musician. that quote in my signature is incomplete....the rest is "music is the brandy of the damned!" . .. .and i implicitly understand. :)

take care!

g

Holy CRAP!!!

Bob St John??????? I thought that he was in Florida (somewhere). Where is he now? No wonder this sounds as good as it does!

Thanks for sharing with us.

yer right. bob's in florida....miami, i think. i did it via email and through a friend...he's a GREAT dude...such good ears and very real and down to earth. it was well worth it. :)

thnx for your kind words, guys. :)

awesome stuff man, Your voice is great. reminds me of jack johnson. guitar playing is great as well, groovy and tasteful without being overbearing. Only critical thing i would say is the drums on "This Imperfect World" during those 2 bars at the beginning of each verse line are a little busy. Though it does make the groove after that that much nicer.

And the production was spot on perfect. Sonically everything was great.

nice job!

awesome stuff man, Your voice is great. reminds me of jack johnson. guitar playing is great as well, groovy and tasteful without being overbearing. Only critical thing i would say is the drums on "This Imperfect World" during those 2 bars at the beginning of each verse line are a little busy. Though it does make the groove after that that much nicer.

And the production was spot on perfect. Sonically everything was great.

nice job!

wow...nice listen, man. great taste in your arranging ear.

we were back and forth about it...and rai (the drummer) and i decided to keep it because of what you just said; the groove was just better afterward. it grew on me, but i definitely understand what you're saying.

man...all the comments and feedback from you guys has been fantastic. thank you. really. maybe someday i'll actually get the cover done and have a disk to show you. :)