A jazzy Christmas arrangement

Myron

A Few Wise Guys

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6024799

Drums are Toontracks DFHS

Bass is Larry Seyers Upright

Horns are Quantum leap

piano is Logic 8 Steinway

NICE HARMS, bro. great arrangment, too. very organic-feeling. i love the solo section with the pedaling bass at the start; taste.

this is butta, kid! i'm into it.

all honesty, i'm hearing the drum programming a bit, but i think you did such a great job of creating the part that it's barely noticable....you WOULD have a hard time convincing a deep jazzer that drum programming on a tune like this is passable, though! in other words: I WANT TO HEAR BILL STEWART ON THIS TUNE! hehehe.

beautiful, musical arrangement.

Thanks for your honest comments.

I'm a drummer so I pains me sometimes to listen to the programmed parts, too! The funny part is I rarely play the kit anymore so I'm not sure if I'd do much better on the real thing :oops:

Bill Stewart? Oh man he's one of my favorites!

Thanks again for listening.

A very brillant arrangement, and a very brillant programming. I love the bit of irony there is to programming real, organic music. Congratulations.

You also did a wonderful joob with that Larry Seyer bass.... I never thought it was an easy one. Perhaps you know the acoustic bass on Trilogy, imho a bit easier to make sound realistic... but you dont seem to need it anyway.

I just wish horns would be possibel to get from programming. Don't get me wrong: I think that what you did is flawless, the nuances, the dynamics, etc... it's just that it's got this "Hohner Melodica" timbre that gives it away.

Once again, congratulations.

I just wish horns would be possibel to get from programming. Don't get me wrong: I think that what you did is flawless, the nuances, the dynamics, etc... it's just that it's got this "Hohner Melodica" timbre that gives it away.

+1 ....but don't let THAT take away from the fact that this is a great piece of music nevertheless.....and i've heard some engineers squash and destroy LIVE horns on some major label jazz recordings, so take the crits with that in mind. again, great work. :)

Great stuff man. You're getting some real good constructive criticism from some very knowledgeable people here- but as someone who just listens to jazz and doesn't come from an instrumental or recording background, I have to say that listening to your piece gave me a smile, and helped me to get through part of a morning with my in-laws (who are apparently resisting leaving my house :evil: )

So thanks for the 5 minutes of listening pleasure! :D