Fuzz when recording vocals

project_lumino

I imagine this problem is possibly due to me having too many plug ins and my processor not being able to handle it but I want to know how I can reduce this problem.

I only have 2 vocal audio layers doubled up, both matrix reverbed. I try and add a phaser to one but a horrible fuzzing keeps popping up. I tried freezing all of the other tracks but it still happens.

The rest of the song for now only has 10 tracks (5 midi)

I have a mac book pro 2.16ghz Intel Core 2 Duo with 2gb 667 mhz ddr2 sdram.

I would be very grateful for some tips :-)

Hey thanks for replying.

Matrix Reverb is the plug in I have on all of the vocal tracks. I also had speech enhancer but took it off in attempt to decrease the crackling noise.

I tried muting all of the audio tracks and the noise only goes away if you mute all of them. If I only mute 1/2 out of the 3 then it still makes the noise. However when I solo each of the audio tracks it cant be heard.

Sometimes when it make the noise if I stop it and play again, it doesnt make it.

Freezing the tracks does help but then becomes inconvenient when I need to edit them again.