Anyone new? Frustrated a bit? Stuck?? There is hope...

Needs2Know

hey everyone happy holidays! anyone else out there struggling with Logic? I fell in love with this program the moment I got it. I had to get a "book for dummies" to get the ball rolling. then started with all the mac pro videos. Then started scratching at the dreaded REFERENCE MANUALS....then they had to come out with a new version!

I've basically come to the conclusion that the only way to really get good at Logic is to read the 2 huge books that come with it. If some of you are struggling with Logic maybe this might help you as its helping me and I thought I'd pass along this studying strategy(retaining information is the point here):

Go through and read a chapter underlining the important parts that you think u would otherwise forget.

Then go back and read the underlined parts only and actually performe the function in Logic no matter how mundane! Take note of the key commands and decide weither or not you actually want to assign it, reasign it, or delete it.

Ok now get a mic set up and record yourself reading all that important stuff you underlined. I use my Microtrack as this is so freakin easy its not even funny. No actually it is funny.

Then get your recorded Chapters in Itunes so you can later listen to them for review.

Ive only got through CH 14 so far but its actually working. Some Chapters take alot longer to figure out than others but when you go through ea Chapter like this and record it, it makes you feel like you're acomplishing something. And the best part is, its alot easier to review then going back through the book and re-reading everything.

Merry Christmas everyone!

I NEED TO KNOW ---> I WILL KNOW :)

hey everyone happy holidays! anyone else out there struggling with Logic? I fell in love with this program the moment I got it. I had to get a "book for dummies" to get the ball rolling. then started with all the mac pro videos. Then started scratching at the dreaded REFERENCE MANUALS....then they had to come out with a new version!

I've basically come to the conclusion that the only way to really get good at Logic is to read the 2 huge books that come with it. If some of you are struggling with Logic maybe this might help you as its helping me and I thought I'd pass along this studying strategy(retaining information is the point here):

Go through and read a chapter underlining the important parts that you think u would otherwise forget.

Then go back and read the underlined parts only and actually performe the function in Logic no matter how mundane! Take note of the key commands and decide weither or not you actually want to assign it, reasign it, or delete it.

Ok now get a mic set up and record yourself reading all that important stuff you underlined. I use my Microtrack as this is so freakin easy its not even funny. No actually it is funny.

Then get your recorded Chapters in Itunes so you can later listen to them for review.

Ive only got through CH 14 so far but its actually working. Some Chapters take alot longer to figure out than others but when you go through ea Chapter like this and record it, it makes you feel like you're acomplishing something. And the best part is, its alot easier to review then going back through the book and re-reading everything.

they have videos that show u how to use logic, they are pretty good. Been using logic for over 10 years and I think the videos do a good job of showing what logic can do. You can read the books when your on the toilet taking a dump...

they have videos that show u how to use logic, they are pretty good. Been using logic for over 10 years and I think the videos do a good job of showing what logic can do. You can read the books when your on the toilet taking a dump...

hehehehe. i just bought the subscription to the videos on macprovideo...got it installed on saturday and i'm going to do the first one this afternoon; god willing. (there's over 350 videos in my bundle! hehehe)

i have to say to needs2know, though: you're right, man. i'm simply trying to circumvent the need to sit and go through the bible-sized manual with the videos....and i just don't have that much "dump time" to work with :D. for me, i want to see it happening on my screen to get a 'visual understanding' (always been more the visual learner, myself) of how to navigate thru logic, but again....circumventing the obvious option of reading the manual. ...and after the videos, like you, i may feel the urge to go deeper and bust out the book!

As an educator/procrastinator/lazy bastard, i can tell you that although people learn differently, you're totally right and i should probably take out that manual and get going, but then there's that "lazy bastard" thing again! lol.

thnx for sharing the study strategy. i think i'll save this thread in my faves.:)

I'm no lady, but I sure wasn't expecting any dumping action round here...

:shock:

I just search the manual pdf to find something I need to clarify on the spot. Very handy.

But I do applaud the soundbyte concept and the use of iTunes.

File that under "Think Different"

Bravo!

I find Rolling Stone invaluable on the "throne".