Some Feedback

sayenex

Hey everyone,

any advice from a mixing standpoint would be appreciated.

especially concerning the Bass and Vocals,

http://www.fizzgigonline.com/mp3/whenitswrong.mp3

the end isn't finished, it's probably going to fade into another song

Thanks,

Evan

hey man. :) i loved the extra sounds around this. i'm not too hip on the electronic sounds and electronic music in general, but i really dug the hook you have in here...and i like your voice. it has a very cool laid back element to it. i'll post more on this later. i dug, though.

Hey thanks man, I really appreciate that,

btw, I like your stuff too, I don't know if I commented on it yet, but I added you as a friend on myspace. I love the Listening booth here. every day, i get to hear new music.

I'm actually a guitarist so I don't know how I wrote a song and didn't put any guitar tracks in. are you playing any of the instruments on your songs, or did you just do vocals?

very cool stuff, nice grooves

Evan

Hey thanks man, I really appreciate that,

btw, I like your stuff too, I don't know if I commented on it yet, but I added you as a friend on myspace. I love the Listening booth here. every day, i get to hear new music.

I'm actually a guitarist so I don't know how I wrote a song and didn't put any guitar tracks in. are you playing any of the instruments on your songs, or did you just do vocals?

very cool stuff, nice grooves

Evan

very kind, man. i actually recorded everything first and then got into a studio and let the owner track the bass parts and a couple good drummer friends track drums...limiting me to just guitars and vocals. at home, though, i record drums, bass, guitar and vox.....though, admittedly, i'm not the drummer THOSE GUYS who did my CD are! sick! lol. (nor am i as good as sakko on bass...another kick-ass player) so, short answer: i wrote, played guitar on and sang these fukkas! :)

i saw the myspace invite....as soon as i have myspace access (work blocks it...hehehe), i'll accept, bro. thnx for that.

g

yeah! Pretty groovy...I'm not sure if I'd want to vox louder, or have more variation in the electric piano sound/progression...have it move around the mix a bit more....maybe add some other textural layers to it, and pull the piano itself back a bit? I'm also found myself waiting for a bridge or transition or something...

cool hook!

yeah, this was an ode to the I - IV - vi - V progression huh?

thanks for the input, textural layers on the piano - cool idea.

how bout the bass?

that's always been a struggle for me, getting it to sit right. a lot of times it sounds good on my monitors, but it's hard to test on other speakers. for example, i-pod headphones lose the bass. my home stereo boosts bass like a MF. and my car speakers suck too. I haven't figured out the right amount of bass to listen for in my monitors yet.

amyways, I really appreciate the comments,

Evan