Timbaland.ft.OneRepublic-Apologize(OshiOneRemix)

Atreyu

would love some some feedback...its sorta ectro house popesk lol

oh yeah does anyone no if i can get into trouble for having this up?????

thanks

link- http://profile.myspace.com/oshione

i'd love to check it out, man...but i don't have access to myspace. about the trouble thing, yes...you can, but it's HIGHLY unlikely at this point. if you got all sortsa famous and it made you money....THEN, expect a call from some pretty pissed off publishers, if not lawyers. truth is: you have to license to sample anyone's work...

another thing: when you upload music to stream sites like myspace and others, they have the 'agreement' that you just click past and say Okay too. :) that agreement has part that deals with you streaming unlicensed music and how it's forbidden. basically, it's myspace's way of getting their asses covered if anything DID happen.

now, before i make you too paraniod, i wouldn't really sweat it too much. like i said: highly unlikely. so many people stretch the boundaries of what they "should" be doing in regards to licensing that it's impossible to restrictively enforce, but if you start getting some attention, maybe you should think about paying the license fees....not cheap. don'tcha love the music industry? hehehe.

Isn't the Creative Commons trying to get past this stuff and trying to get into a more 'free use for non-profit' work? I agree with paying royalties/asking permission for anything that'll make you money, but if it's just messing around, and having fun, I'm with the mob that agrees that this should be free.

Isn't the Creative Commons trying to get past this stuff and trying to get into a more 'free use for non-profit' work? I agree with paying royalties/asking permission for anything that'll make you money, but if it's just messing around, and having fun, I'm with the mob that agrees that this should be free.
agreed, but the whole musical industrial complex is built around the idea that "every song is a product for potential financial gain," even when it's not intended to be.....youre right; im' just giving the current lawyer-perspective....since what we do is RULED by them. hehehe.

• 1 month later...
ok, when i 1st put it on, i thought "oh no, another myspace musician wannabe". on 1st listen (im still listening), i REALLY didnt like the intro. but when the electro synth and kick came in, i loved it. take me away just came on and sounds great as well. so "great job" but you may want to rework the intro of the apologize remix. just my 2 cents, i hope you dont mind.

• 3 weeks later...

The song is amazinggg...and you did this in logic? it sound extremely professional...you can actually contact Timbaland's people from his myspace page...he may not answer personally [sometimes he will] but if it's something worth noting it will definetly get noticed.

But yeah...back to the song...

The song is fire! It sounds like you took a great deal of time putting it together. The sounds you used are insane...good work man!

• 3 weeks later...

yeah i have some really good unfinished originals,i developed bad rsi from long studio hours so it sorta stoped them in there tracks,much more time involved with originals,but as most of u no it is an adiction writing music so whilst waiting to heal i have just been doing quick remixes to keep some interest in my project!

i do have a experimental side project called free city,check it out all originals

http://www.myspace.com/freecitymusic