Waves sending out spys...

Eric Wikman

Did anybody read in SOS about Waves starting a company called Ban Piracy?

They say it's companies grouping together to do this, but it's only WAves at the press time.

They are sending out secret agents with hidden cameras into studios.

40 lawsuits in the USA so far... it says.

I am a legit user, but now have to decide to do the $-WUP, or not... since I bought an Intel MacPro & MBP.

I don't think I will.

I really only miss L1.

Yeah, I actually read about it not too long ago. Some guy in Canada got hit pretty hard.

Personally I love Waves. RenComp, L3 and the SSL bundle are among my top plugz ever.

I thought recently they changed the WUP program due to so many complaints? I may need to check further as one of mine is about to expire.

I guess it is time to start ratting out the competition:) just kidding but, I bet some studios decide to take that route. Personally I don't see too much wrong with using pirated plugins for your own personal projects but once you start charging other people for it you've probably crossed a line somewhere. (that's just me) By the way I own all my plugins but, have in the past used demos or cracks to decide whether the software was worth the price.

It seems there time could be better spent making better plugins and copy protection.

http://www.futuremusic.com/blog/?p=2101

This is just a bunch of BS. You can not charge someone with having pirated software without obtaining a search warrant and seizing the mac or pc.

Hearsay does not hold up in a court of law

pledged to sue recording facilities which they determine to be in possession of unauthorized Waves software.

can you say, illegal SEARCH and Seizure?

i have good news for you then. search for Yohng W1. its a free waves L1 clone. works great!

Holy Freak, good find!

yeah, I only have 2 iLok plugins- URS BLT, and Auto-Tune 5. It's kind of a hassle, but not the end of the world. Auto Tune was a headache when I had to switch from a PC to a Mac, I remember. They were kind of dicks.

I tried a number of times to download some free demos of other URS and Waves stuff, and in the end gave up because it was so frustrating trying to get the liscenses even for the the demos.

I really like the BLT, so I wanted to try the other stuff URS had,

and I've never used a waves plugin in my life although I'd like to try one.

I won't buy a plug-in unless I can try it. or it's very highly recommended. it's too much money to waste, and most people make it easy to get demos of their stuff, so I may never buy waves or URS stuff in that case, unless I use one in another studio and like it.

so in my case the PACE stuff is kind of a deterrent of buying a plug I guess.

Evan

I am a legit user, but now have to decide to do the $-WUP, or not... since I bought an Intel MacPro & MBP.

I don't think I will.

I really only miss L1.

i have good news for you then. search for Yohng W1. its a free waves L1 clone. works great!

Yea, thanks.

I got it today. Somebody over at Gearslutz forum recommended it.

Speaking of Waves, I know I said I'll never buy a waves plugin unless I try it, but I have been interested in this bundle:

Waves Musicians 2 bundle

It has the Renaissance EQ and Renaissance Compressor in it,

and it's 150 bucks.

on waves website, each of those by itself is 200.

anyways, those are 2 plugins that I hear a lot about, so anyone have any feedback. is it worth it?

Evan

in that 'createdigitalmusic' article, scroll down to the guy with the wii-mote strumming the mario tune.........now that;s got potential !!!!!!

and completely off-topic....

can anyone tell me how to turn off this constant spell-checking function

it started recently....everything i type has a wavy red line underneath..it's annoying and i don't know how i activated it, or how i turn it off

it started recently....everything i type has a wavy red line underneath..it's annoying and i don't know how i activated it, or how i turn it off

Which browser do you use? Both Firefox and Safari have spell-checkers...

In Safari, you can disable it by clicking Edit > Spelling > Check Spelling As You Type. In Firefox, it's in Preferences > Advanced > General.

Don't know about other browsers...

in that 'createdigitalmusic' article, scroll down to the guy with the wii-mote strumming the mario tune.........now that;s got potential !!!!!!

and completely off-topic....

Yeah, that might be "apple spell" I think it was included in an update?

if it is, just go into your activity monitor, and find 'apple spell' and quit process.

ps. that's Applications/Utilities/Activity Monitor

Evan