CM Labs control surfaces

Well, it's getting to be such that I'd really like a dedicated control surface for my home studio.

Originally interested in a used Radikal Sac 2k... the lack of proper drivers (intel-mac compatible) for its USB interface makes it a little out of the question.

I have been looking at CM Labs' products but it's very hard to find any information regarding the integration into Logic except for a bunch of problem posts about the MotorMix and Logic pre Pro 6. I do see the options in the control surfaces menu, but I'm looking for real-world examples.

Anyone using a MotorMix? Or even better the new MotorMate?

NB.: I didn't bring up Mackie because while there are problems with LP8 and the MCU Pro at the moment... the reason I'm not really considering it is that I have a problem with said company and I would like to avoid using them for anything ever again - but I'm not here to trash talk them, I'd simply like to find reasonable alternatives. (Although honestly it looks like there are so few comparably well-integrated options.)

That being said I'd like at least 8 motorized faders, and I already have an audio interface I enjoy so combining the two is out of the question. But I'm open to options even ones that have 1 fader, if it works reliably.

Jazzmutant's Dexter would be fun if: a) it didn't cost so much and b) had the ability to use it's nice EQ feature with something other than Channel EQ - which I don't use all that much anymore.

My options are so limited. I am open to other alternatives, but I'd also like to keep the initial costs under about $1750 US.

Many thanks for reading yet another gear post.

WEll no motorized faders but the bitstream 3x is one hell of a nice piece of hardware.

On another slightly related topic,WHy does everyone want to emulate a Mackie control? I have always wondered. It's not as though Logic does not respond directly to MIDI cc...Isn't that all MCU is?

1024 step fader/automation resolution instead of 127 step MIDI resolution.