Plugin latency readout in samples

Adagio12

Don't think it has anything like that.

Cubase also has a total round-trip latency reading according to buffer size... and a plug-in info window which shows all info and any latency every plug would induce.

I think Logic's thinking is.. "don't worry about that.. we'll take care of it... and you get back to work". :shock:

Hmmmm

Well as i understand it, the only PDC available in Logic is for DSP cards like UAD

If say, I have a Drum submix going through Vintage Warmer which has huge latency...obviously the track plays too slow and setting PDC to all in Audio preferences does nothing for native plugs.

If i could see a delay readout somewhere i could make adjustments to the other tracks with the sample delay......I mean surely that's what that plug is mostly for?

Am i limited to finding plugin latency info on the net? seems a bit Archaic...

:wink:

Hmmmm

Well as i understand it, the only PDC available in Logic is for DSP cards like UAD

If say, I have a Drum submix going through Vintage Warmer which has huge latency...obviously the track plays too slow and setting PDC to all in Audio preferences does nothing for native plugs.

Incorrect. As long as the plug reports its delay, it will be compensated for. Vintage Warmer does report accurately as discussed in the concurrent thread on this subject.

O.K I'm beginning to suspect that Vintage Warmer is not reporting it's latency to Logic...

I'm gonna try Expert Sleeper's Latency fixer as mentioned in the other thread that's raging about this over the way...

And i take all i said in the last post if i may

I was reading an out of date help pdf......duh..the 7.2 update manual told me all i needed to know!

:oops:

Yep I understand it all now and stand corrected on all of the above

This makes LE look reeeeeeeaaaaally bad

I use both but usually LE for band stuff and Logic for composing

The balance has shifted for me i think, dealing with plugin delay is such a drag..

Thanks all!

:shock: