Updated Link fixed "Singapore Shores"

liquidlogic

really like the composition and the 'eric johnson'-y tone....nice vibe

2 things (if i may).....the guitars are mixed from a guitarists point of view....too loud :D , and i think that you need to work a little on your timing...

the rhythm track sits well, but you seem to rush the lead....because of the very sparse, open nature of the beat,and laid-back vibe of the tune, it tends to notice more when your timing strays...it's easier to time to faster tempo

a suggestion...when you record the lead,add some more percussion elements to the cue (maybe hi-hats on 16's)...this will give you more reference to time to...obviously, these extra beats can be ditched at mix-down

and remember...TURN THOSE GUITARS DOWN :D :D :D ...(i am also a guitarist....it takes discipline, but makes for a much more cohesive whole)

really like the composition and the 'eric johnson'-y tone....nice vibe

2 things (if i may).....the guitars are mixed from a guitarists point of view....too loud :D , and i think that you need to work a little on your timing...

the rhythm track sits well, but you seem to rush the lead....because of the very sparse, open nature of the beat,and laid-back vibe of the tune, it tends to notice more when your timing strays...it's easier to time to faster tempo

a suggestion...when you record the lead,add some more percussion elements to the cue (maybe hi-hats on 16's)...this will give you more reference to time to...obviously, these extra beats can be ditched at mix-down

and remember...TURN THOSE GUITARS DOWN :D :D :D ...(i am also a guitarist....it takes discipline, but makes for a much more cohesive whole)

Hey thanks for listening to the tune. I had alot of fun making it. Most everything you hear is an improv or first take. I agree on the timing these slow tunes ARE HARD and when I hear it now I just want to re-record it. but I want to save that for the studio and use these demo tunes for feedback. and your feedback is exactly what I wanted to hear. But turning down the guitars ohhhhh man shot to the ego ahhh that hurt DOWN ohhhhhh no!!!

Okay I will turn them down. : ) typical guitarist always about me marsha marsha marsha

Anyway thanks el-bo I am going to re record some of the parts soon. Can I send them to you first and get your impression? before I post it I would appreciate the feedback

Thanks Again,

LL

yes...DOWN

think of the music as a whole...nothing will be lost....in fact, all the hard work that you put into the backing elements also will benefit from being heard

i listened just through my laptop (good for exposing mixes)...the backing gets lost and because of the timing issues, seems to be at odds with the lead work

i appreciate that it's your first take, and would enjoy listening to it further as you re-record and refine

hasta la pasta

if i could make 1 more suggestion....sorry

regarding the arrangement......it would be really nice to extend the intro, maybe....gives a chance to settle into the groove....just the bass, rhythm git and drums/perc....then introduce the 1st overdriven guitar etc etc....

let your music breathe...and don't show your hand too early...as one of the posters on the hosting site said 'it's too short'....i reckon you could lengthen it and allow for some downtime.....

you will create more interest in dynamic variation and anticipation of the next lead passage....2 of my favourite guitarists are masters of creating this dynamic tension/anticipation - steve vai and eric johnson....

because of the power that logic offers me, i have become far more a musician than a guitarist....i take equal pride in the sound of my programmed ghosting on the snare drum, as i do the guitar-work.....

i am learning to craft the piece as a whole rather than just as a vehicle for my guitar

just an opinion...post a link when you have more

if i could make 1 more suggestion....sorry

regarding the arrangement......it would be really nice to extend the intro, maybe....gives a chance to settle into the groove....just the bass, rhythm git and drums/perc....then introduce the 1st overdriven guitar etc etc....

let your music breathe...and don't show your hand too early...as one of the posters on the hosting site said 'it's too short'....i reckon you could lengthen it and allow for some downtime.....

you will create more interest in dynamic variation and anticipation of the next lead passage....2 of my favourite guitarists are masters of creating this dynamic tension/anticipation - steve vai and eric johnson....

because of the power that logic offers me, i have become far more a musician than a guitarist....i take equal pride in the sound of my programmed ghosting on the snare drum, as i do the guitar-work.....

i am learning to craft the piece as a whole rather than just as a vehicle for my guitar

just an opinion...post a link when you have more

Sounds good to me great advice. This is the stuff that I am looking for. I love both Eric and Steve as well. Growing up in Austin I would see Eric everywhere. I really like his stuff. All though I didnt care for bloom it kinda of sucked but oh well you cant be perfect all the time. I have been listening to alot of Richie Kotzen and Brent Mason Lately unreal players. ( I think they took lessons) : )

As for what you said about the loving your overall mix your right. Its those little things in the mix that make the song. Its attention to those details that makes a person hear that song 50 times and say wow I didnt hear that before. So when I finally get to a real studio I can work on those things.

Do you have any tunes that you posted? love to hear my fellow guitarist.

nothing yet...most of my stuff in logic has been softsynth based.....

i'm only just starting to record my guitar compositions (many years worth)....i would like to post some in the near future but am not net-savvy enough to know how or where....probably will by the time they are ready

i mainly play spanish guitar these days....hearing your tune today made me lust for an electric again....would love an ibanez...nothing too flash or too rock....or maybe a classic strat...the eric johnson custom is a lovely piece of work.....oh well, need a job

nothing yet...most of my stuff in logic has been softsynth based.....

i'm only just starting to record my guitar compositions (many years worth)....i would like to post some in the near future but am not net-savvy enough to know how or where....probably will by the time they are ready

i mainly play spanish guitar these days....hearing your tune today made me lust for an electric again....would love an ibanez...nothing too flash or too rock....or maybe a classic strat...the eric johnson custom is a lovely piece of work.....oh well, need a job

Spanish guitar wow my first love. I heard Paco Delucia Al Dimeola play Mediterranean sun-dance and my life changed that song is permanently stuck in my head. I need to get back to some of that stuff.

As for the Net stuff. Try the Icompositions website that I am using. Its reallllly easy to use just mix your song down to an .mp3 create an account on icomp. Then at the top left there is a button named "upload". Thats all there is too it. There are alot of guys from italy on that website not sure why but they are REALLLY nice.

i have been approached by several people to do collaborations. Basically just sending .mp3s back and forth to each other. These people are really nice they dont get hung up on production or anything they just create music.

And people dont leave stupid comments either it seems to pretty mature.

Let me know if you get on the site. Maybe we could do a collaboration that would be fun.

as for the guitar I have been playing Ibanez for about 20 years now. i love them but since I am in Japan I have purchased a Japanese Tele. but just like the ibanez and most Japanese guitars the build quality is great it sounds greta but the hardware is crap. I am going to replace the bridge and jack plate and it should be okay.

anyway..... let me know if you get on icomp.

Cya

LL

actually, what worries me more is the terms/conditions of the site.....how they have part ownership (or something like that) and how they can use your stuff in blogs, newsletters etc

not prepared to surrender my 'work' to any of that, as most of my music i intend to take as far as i can.....

i don't know if this is standard practice...is this how it happens on myspace ???...as i said, i'm not very net-savvy.....i will need to get some exposure at some point, but i need to retain all rights...maybe a .mac account

anyways, maybe when i've developed some ideas further, i can zip them to ya or zip them onto this site as mp3's