new music....

vm1971

...soon!

hi to all.

i have some questions. simple ones, ...more like some PRO advice.

my new stuff will be done this spring or so... and when done,

i want to have the songs online for playing pleasure.

my fellow designer friend and i are going to make a REAL myspace page, and we even have the art direction for the "packaging" in the works.

my question is:

what do you guys prefer for online listening? some myspace pages sound great, some sound like dooty. is it the user? compressed?

any advice is cool....

V :D

don't know about these things, really

myspace just seem so garish and cluttered to me...i have no idea whether the music is compressed or not, but a guy from this forum (rob glow) seems to detest myspace and the sound quality

i'm in the same position, and want to find an outlet for my stuff....i've just posted some stuff here using a site called megafileupload.....it works, but i don't wish to be advertising for anyone else, and would like to have a hand in designing the download page

i'm thinking about getting my own domain and starting from scratch...what use is complete control of my music, if i then have to compromise on how it's presented ???

the one thing that does interest me is the community thing with myspace...how you can be heard by people you don't know, and haven't specifically targetted...setting up my own site would involve a huge amount of promotion to get onto peoples harddrives...time and energy that i would rather spend making music

probably haven't cleared anything up for you, but i'm interested in following how this developes...i will probably benefit from the advice you may recieve......if you don't mind :)

maybe post this in one of the other sub-forums...don't know if people get down to the booth too often

and if you have a moment, maybe check out my virgin internet outings

good day sir

don't know about these things, really

myspace just seem so garish and cluttered to me...i have no idea whether the music is compressed or not, but a guy from this forum (rob glow) seems to detest myspace and the sound quality

i'm in the same position, and want to find an outlet for my stuff....i've just posted some stuff here using a site called megafileupload.....it works, but i don't wish to be advertising for anyone else, and would like to have a hand in designing the download page

i'm thinking about getting my own domain and starting from scratch...what use is complete control of my music, if i then have to compromise on how it's presented ???

the one thing that does interest me is the community thing with myspace...how you can be heard by people you don't know, and haven't specifically targetted...setting up my own site would involve a huge amount of promotion to get onto peoples harddrives...time and energy that i would rather spend making music

probably haven't cleared anything up for you, but i'm interested in following how this developes...i will probably benefit from the advice you may recieve......if you don't mind :)

maybe post this in one of the other sub-forums...don't know if people get down to the booth too often

and if you have a moment, maybe check out my virgin internet outings

good day sir

HI BUDDY!

i always like what you have to say....

we should connect in some way.

here's my idea:

use myspace for those networking/exposure points that YOU pointed out. i couldnt agree more. it can be powerful, and has proven so for lots of new acts/musicians. so.. it kinda HAS to happen. luckily, i can bypass that awful cluttered look with some great tools my pal and i have, and we are both graphic designers. as long as the sound quality is OK, and people can enjoy and hear it ... then im ok.

i already own hosting and have another URL that i can use, so i think in addition to the myspace music page, i will do an "official" site. instead of a download, though...i would also like this official site to have a "player" on it. so people can listen from the site instantly, not download an MP3 to their desktop. this is what i need to nail. then, this offical site can also be linked/listed on the myspace page.

make sense?

my goal with this new material is to do an EP worth initially, then smaller "singles" .... and see what gives.

i WILL check out your stuff, too......

V

here's to good things....

i have given myself this year to get all my stuff into a listenable state...that's about 20 or so guitar compositions that i need to get from my head to my hard drive

i'm really into the idea of collaboration, and am quite happy to offer any parts of my stuff that people are interested in remixing...so maybe we could see what happens...

you are definately better placed for this 'web' stuff than me......as i said, i would be very interested to follow how you set things up

later, star :)

here's to good things....

i have given myself this year to get all my stuff into a listenable state...that's about 20 or so guitar compositions that i need to get from my head to my hard drive

i'm really into the idea of collaboration, and am quite happy to offer any parts of my stuff that people are interested in remixing...so maybe we could see what happens...

you are definately better placed for this 'web' stuff than me......as i said, i would be very interested to follow how you set things up

later, star :)

sounds good to me!!!

im sure we can inspire/help/work with each other! i have some ideas for fun virtual stuff.... interested?

where are you located, my new pal?

-vince

:D

i'm in barcelona......and would enjoy getting out of my own 'box' (as it were) for some virtual collaboration

COOOL!

i really need some color and input in the guitar dept.

i can play BASIC metal crap... which is fine... and my 2 lifelong pals play perfectly.....real players. but i want to inject some new life into this project... in a "blind" sort of way... with all of us.

here is the simple version:

im workin on tracks, and only im hearing them grow/manifest.

i would supply to YOU a BASIC MP3 or Garageband file of a simple beat, the tempo, and maybe a ultra simple version of the bassline, so you get the feel of the key, melody, etc.... but not TOOOO much. then, you would jam out on that, find a section you like, or sections ... and send back to me. i would then pick and choose, and turn your parts into isolated audio tracks... and BOOM! youre in the song, and when you HEAR it... it will be all new to you.

sound like fun?

im psyched about this.

can we do it?

i have a midtempo one NOW that needs this treatment on the chorus.

REAL simple progression.....

V

:D :D :D

sure...sounds fun

HOWEVER

i don't own an electric guitar at the moment...and my semi-acoustic won't be here for another month

so we're talking mic'd up spanish guitar...if that's cool for ya, i'd be happy to have a go

im in no hurry... the semi-acoustic would be PERFECT for this tune!

WOW!

perfect....... :)

that is also classically strung :) it's just easier to record

still, all's not lost...you may find you wanted spanish guitar all along :D

when i send you the bare bones section, you can do anything you want... use both!!! have fun.... and be creative. when i prep the simple file, i will also tell you more specific crap so you know some general info about the song...but for the most part, what you will eventually hear in the final mix will be different. this will be cool....

V :D