shred on this, noisenet

el-bo

thought i'd give ya another tune (early stages)......

it's waiting for my acoustic backing (when i get a steel-strung), and at the moment i'm waiting on a mate who's witing a sax part for it

i'm also gonna program some more variety onto the drum track

in the meantime i thought you might have some fun playing to it.....i really like the groove

http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/44313/jacko-mp3.html

let me know what you think :)

Cool!

That's a bit more up my street.

:D

My son is,of course,a Jaco freak.

Is your mate gonna be playing the sax part,or just writing it?

I could let rip on it,but might not be very soon as I have a recovering right index finger that was badly crushed a month or 2 back.

Still a bit sore.

:shock:

What drums are those,btw?

well he's a mate of a mate....and i don't know how he's getting on with it......he said he would like to play on it.....but he lives in another country and doesn't have the means to record himself...so there could be some delay with that

but i'm happy for anyone to have a go...if it inspires you to blow.....i would happily have 10 different versions with 10 different soloists....

i don't have the lead skills to play the melodies that i hear, and would rather hear ideas coming from other perspectives

if you were to record a version, i would have no problem with you using it in your own portfolio.....as long as i get credited somewhere along the line

please...go for it :D

later , star

oh, and the drums are from battery 3...

i have customised the 'tight kit' a little....i then played all the rhythms in real time with an mpd 16 and edited for timing and various articulations in the matrix editor

the bass sound is actually from the garageband 'bass' plug...fretless electric...it does those nice gliss-type things when played at higher velocities....with some processing, i've got it close to how i like it, though one day i'd like to get a real fretless player on it

The sound and everything sounds really great. Depending on what you are intending it to be for, I like the transitions. On what I think might be the bridge, the end part of the bass sounds a bit too synth, I would suggest dampening the attack only for that bar. Otherwise re post when you have the rest of it arranged. But I think it does have a good groove.

Nice work!

thought i'd give ya another tune (early stages)......

it's waiting for my acoustic backing (when i get a steel-strung), and at the moment i'm waiting on a mate who's witing a sax part for it

i'm also gonna program some more variety onto the drum track

in the meantime i thought you might have some fun playing to it.....i really like the groove

http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/44313/jacko-mp3.html

let me know what you think :)

I LIKE IT

can i hear your guitar stuff? anything?

youre talented, man. we'd make a good fit.

V

v....my guitar stuff aint close to ready....i do have one incarnation of a guitar - based choon, but i can only host 2 files on megafileupload, which are currently used

when i know that noisenet got that other file i posted for him, i'll replace it with the link.....i think you'll like it, though i'm in the process of completely re-arranging it

v....my guitar stuff aint close to ready....i do have one incarnation of a guitar - based choon, but i can only host 2 files on megafileupload, which are currently used

when i know that noisenet got that other file i posted for him, i'll replace it with the link.....i think you'll like it, though i'm in the process of completely re-arranging it

thats cool, man....

what is your guitar stuff like?

in general..... tell me about it.

:))

dont be shy :lol:

time changes and alternate tunings...at the moment 'm trying to fuse many different sounds to back the picking on my spanish guitar

get's a bit messy sometimes...but in a cool way :)

COOL!

now,

would you be open minded to more "straightforward" pieces?

:)

i really want to try this with you.

V

would you be open minded to more "straightforward" pieces?

yes

strange how this conversation is continuing over 2 posts....guess it's o.k...not many folk get down here often...you can even see some mould on the walls.....

i posted a link to another choon on our parallel post

Heya El-Bo

Man, I'm a butthead, I didn't even know that was waiting for me, LOL! I just downloaded it, haven't had a change to listen yet though.

I look forward to checking it out. Creative mojo has been flowing like crazy lately. I did one pretty elaborate piece yesterday, then woke up this morning and did something competely different. I'll post a link for it as soon as I submit this.