sending out MIDI data thru plugin: need environment help!

dpp

I just got a new synth (dave smith evolver), and am trying to write a plugin using Max/MSP / Pluggo to allow some of the parameters to be automatable.. when i did the first test with just one parameter editable i swear it was working: I loaded in the AU into an instrument track, then connected a cable to the instrument in the environment, so it would receive the MIDI data that I am sending out with the plugin.

A couple weeks later, after a vacation and adding more editable parameters, it doesn't seem to be working. If i hook the cable up to a Monitor it shows MIDI data coming into it, but if I hook it up to the instrument, it does not receive the sysex data and Logic does not output any of the data... howevvvver it IS outputting the note data (I have the midi going into the plugin being directly output, so midi regions on the au track get sent to the synth). is there some setting im missing which would limit the type of midi data sent out of logic?