beni benassi/Global deejays

Hey you guys,

i recently started playing around with techno/hard house.

Ive searched all over the internet for samples similar to those that beni benassi and global deejays use. can anyone help me out? or tell me where i can find some?

also, im sure most of you are familiar with the song 'satisfaction' by beni benassi.

I was wondering if any one can tell me what can i use to try to recreate the main synth lead?

Ive tried the ES! and ES2 but no luck so far.

As far as I know mate, its pretty much a bread and butter sawtooth wave, most synths have a similar sound so have a play around with the oscillators and eventually you will get that sound.

A great synth for techno and house is Refx Nexus there is definatley a bennasi sounding preset on there.

Good Luck.

Hey you guys,

Ive searched all over the internet for samples similar to those that beni benassi and global deejays use. can anyone help me out? or tell me where i can find some?

also, im sure most of you are familiar with the song 'satisfaction' by beni benassi.

I was wondering if any one can tell me what can i use to try to recreate the main synth lead?

I will try to upload a patch I made that (I think) has the gist of the Benassi Bass sound, which may be what you are calling the lead.

To be sure, you HAVE TO sidechain it to the kickdrum to get THAT sound though. Also, there is a space designer on there, but you have to sidechain post reverb. You can substitute a silverVerb or what-have-you to reduce the CPU.

Now, if anyone can give me pointers to making that squeezed bassline that Max Graham has been using recently. Very nasaly, but lots of bass presence......

Alright. First attempt at sharing a cst.

Here goes. Remember, you pretty much have to sidechain to a 4 on the floor kick for this to get the right feel. IIRC the compressor is after all other effects. If not, put one there, sidechain, and play around.

Best,

AB

this is actually pretty good!! =]

• 2 weeks later...
Hey you guys,

I will try to upload a patch I made that (I think) has the gist of the Benassi Bass sound, which may be what you are calling the lead.

To be sure, you HAVE TO sidechain it to the kickdrum to get THAT sound though. Also, there is a space designer on there, but you have to sidechain post reverb. You can substitute a silverVerb or what-have-you to reduce the CPU.

Now, if anyone can give me pointers to making that squeezed bassline that Max Graham has been using recently. Very nasaly, but lots of bass presence......

What do you mean by sidechain post reverb (concerning space designer)? How do you do it?

Just mean that I placed the compressor after the Space Designer so that the reverb tail will also get ducked when the kick hits.

So, the compressor is using a 4x4 kick as the sidechain input which will compress the signal when the kick hits. So, putting this AFTER the reverb also compesses the reverb tail. It gives a nice pumping effect.

Best,

AB

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hey you guys,

Hi... Can you please tell me how to sidechain post reverb?

Thank you.

It's actually already done for you in the preset.

All you have to do is create a bus for the kick if I remember correctly, so that you can set the sidechain input of the compressor to use the bus that this kick is on.

Since the compressor is post reverb, once you get it sidechained and pumping, it is also compressing the reverb tails.

Best,

AB

• 3 months later...

Benni and Alle Benassi are interviewed in their studio and make a bootleg remix on this month's 'Future Music Magazine'. You can see their studio techniques and some of the kit they use! Very interesting indeed...although they do get a little lost in translation....

Alle is infact the tech head and Benni is the DJ.

Jamie

• 1 month later...
Benni and Alle Benassi are interviewed in their studio and make a bootleg remix on this month's 'Future Music Magazine'. You can see their studio techniques and some of the kit they use! Very interesting indeed...although they do get a little lost in translation....

Alle is infact the tech head and Benni is the DJ.

Jamie

One of the funniest videos ive seen, them two are absolutly mad!!

Love how the other guy does all the work and benny just sits there and pretty much agrees with the other guy!! Kinda guessin that benny doesnt have a clue about production!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Alright. First attempt at sharing a cst.

Here goes. Remember, you pretty much have to sidechain to a 4 on the floor kick for this to get the right feel. IIRC the compressor is after all other effects. If not, put one there, sidechain, and play around.

Best,

AB

Good work on that man, was actually working on creating a sound similar to that last week myself but couldn't get it right.

• 5 months later...