Fitch : Celocity : New Release

fitch

Hi Guys

Just to announce the release of my new ambiencellist album

It was produced entirely in Logic, hence the reason I'm sharing here :)

And I'm hopping with excitement about it as it's a beauty

Celocity. Fitch. An inspired combination of acoustic cello and effects.

A year in the making, Celocity crosses the boundaries of electro, acoustic and ambient music. Many of the tracks are simply cello, multi-tracked and processed with many different software tools. Others bring in electronic backgrounds that are hauntingly beautiful.

It was recorded in the newly converted, sea-view Fitchsounds studio that is overlooking the Cooley Peninsula and in the midst of the Boyne Valley in Ireland. Inspired by the ebb and flow of the sea, it also charts a journey into a new life of magic and creativity.

Here's a link : http://www.ambiencellist.com

where there are 3 tracks uploaded and a paypal link if you want to buy it.

http://www.ambiencellist.com/images/Fitch_Celocity_small.jpg

only gave a brief listen....don't have the time at the moment

but it sounds great...need to give it a better time to listen

i read that you use logic platinum, absynth and reaktor

are these tracks recorded in logic completely or are you only using it for composition, possibly tracking in a larger (dare i say), protools set-up

as this is a technical site....'twould be nice to get some more technical detail (stuff that would probably not be of interest on your main site)....if you don't mind

i've been working towards producing similar ambient/soundscape material with spanish acoustic guitar.....i'd be interested to know what part 'reaktor' plays...i've always been curious, but have heard it's got a bit of a 'learning curve'

without divulging all of your secrets, any info would be nice....thanks for sharing....i'll listen properly later...and who knows, when i'm employed again, i may even buy one of your cd's

:D

Hey El-bo,

Thanks for having a listen..

and of course I don't mind sharing the technical info :D

I record into Logic, I write in Logic, I produce in Logic .. am a big fan.

the cello is put through my RME FW800 with mic and pickup, and routed into whatever effect is taking my imagination :D .

I'd play and record, just improvising.

Then I'd chop up the audio and arrange the tracks .. maybe adding more effects as needed

Absynth and Reaktor are my 1st loves when it comes to soft synths. They were the 1st ones I learnt to use back in 2001. Absynth was still owed by Brian Clevinger and was, in my opinion a lot funkier to use, but now its the had the NI look attached to it I can still enjoy using it because the sounds it is capable of producing are sonic heaven.

Reaktor, again, I started with this back in 2001, slowly making my own synths up and trying to learn more. But as others were way better than me at doing this, and were coming up with some really wacky ensembles I really just use the ones that are available in the library now. But will still have fun programing patches.

the effects in both reaktor and absynth are great for running cello through.

I also use them both for soundscapes, so I can play cello over the top.

great stuff

glad to hear it's logic all the way...have you sampled the delights of logic 8 yet

AND do you ever use any of logic synths/effects

i've had my eye on absynth and fm8 for a while now....when i have the money, i may consider stretching for komplete synths.....i'll miss reaktor, though....

maybe i'll give reaktor a go.....as a seperate piece....komplete is overkill for me

but it's omnisphere this year with the extra hardrive necessary to keep it all.....my head's spinning...too many choices, too little money :D

He El-bo,

I think i need to update my studio page on fitchsounds :)

have been using Logic 8 since it came out, what a difference it made! It's really fantastic

I use lots of the logic effects and synths. i used the logic compressor for all of this album, whereas before I'd been using Sonalksis stuff.

I used loads of Delay Designer too, great results with that.

in short. Logic was used for most things to be honest .

And same as you, I can't wait for the Omnisphere .. sounds very juicy!

http://www.ambiencellist.com

why the change from sonalksis ???? sorry for all the questions, but i thought sonalksis were great plugs

i tried, and really liked fabfilter's pro-c compressor...and their timeless delay is superb...definately check this one out, if you dig delays

i'd recommend you having a try....fully operational 30 day demos.....my 30 days is up....thank f**k i do't own a credit card :lol:

looking forward to hearing your tracks in full later, when the mood is more conducive

take care

why the change from sonalksis ? i simply preferred the sound of the new logic compressor .. :D

not exactly an over technical decision for me .. I just a/b'd them on the tracks and I was convinced enough to change them over.

Hey Sub-D thanks for listening :D

my mic is AT 40-33 and the pre is the pre that is on my FW800

i've been using that mic since I started, and I love it on the cello.