hologram hookers-holoaddition(sean nash remix)

Sean Nash

okay guys this is my first official remix for these scottish acid heads

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=220573398

anyway i basically went all chunky and funky for this one(too inexperienced to reinvent the wheel yet)nothing too crazy really just some breakdowns and stuff

http://www.zshare.net/audio/89083367501a43/

anyway would really appreciate some feedback as this is my first official remix and second tune made in logic

thanks guys

X- Well, I think you definitely have some good background for a Rave. This style of music is not really my cup 'o tea, just because it's very repetitive, and to me, it just seems like it adds and removes layers over and over. You did make good use of filters, sweeps, and different waveforms on the synths. So kudos.

Rok the Box- The snare around :40 and 1:05 is really cool. I like the syncopation. Again, good use of synths and filters but, the repetitiveness isn't quite my thing. Maybe if you add more variation and some melody changes it would make this much more interesting.

I don't have time to go through all of them right now...so I'll finish listening later.

Well, your already sounds way different than his...which, IMO is a VERY good thing.

Much more melodic bass line. Good work. Their stuff was really not very melodic.

Good build up with the take off sound. The gated synth stuff sounds good when drums drop out.

I know this might not be the style of music...but it sure would be nice to have a melody instrument do something overtop of the bassline instead of just the sound effects and gated synth hits.

The single note gated synth section doesn't do it for me, but I do like how you changed the drum beat up.

You seemed to do quite a few large sections with no drums. I could potentially see that really loosing steam and energy if it were being played on a dance floor...but again, I'm no techno expert here.

Overall, much better mix than the original. Good work.

thanks man.yeah i kinda just wanted to do a dub remix with just the bassline and the lil arp.i didnt use anything but the vocal as you can probably tell.there is alot of sections without drums alright.and granted it is a bit long but i tried to shorten it and it sounded too rushed.

thanks again for the feedback man.really appreciate it :D

Hey...I wasn't always open to listening. I made a policy with myself a while back that if I REALLY wanted to be a better musician, then I have to begin being disciplined enough to hear what other people are saying musically.

You ask people to check out one of your songs, and there are so many people who either never listen, or if they do, they only listen to like 30 seconds of the song and go "It sounds like Incubus" or whatever band that they think of at the moment, without giving any other feedback...and then they start talking about how good they are.

That always made me so mad...but I realized that I was guilty of the same thing sometimes.

So I started forcing myself to shut up and listen when I said that I would listen...and VIOLA! Now I really enjoy hearing what other people have to say.

It's enriching to learn from other musicians.