Fun with guitars

erfmufn

Had a muck about last night with my guitars. Last few tracks have been very electronic so its good to get back to the steel strings :) Bass, acoustic and the Les Paul get a workout on this one. Quick n simple mix but I like to share with the board.

cheers

d

http://www.dylan.dragnet.com.au/lesystem.jpg

http://www.dylan.dragnet.com.au/Le%20System%201.mp3

Cool chords! I like the lead sound in background. This just me, but I'd love the hear your main guitar sound do a fuller sweep in the frequency spectrum. Also, your bass could have a little more ceiling so it's not so muddled. I like your gated synth sound. It sounds like the mids have been scooped out of your mix a little bit. I think it would sound better with some mids put back in there on the lead instruments. That's a saucy lead. :P I think it could stand to come up in the mix a little.

Cool song dude.

Funky tune man, I thought the second guitar playing the melodic figure had a little too a long of a verb tail, sounded like you were going for a james bond kind of thing with that line, maybe a real spikey tremolo would be cool? A real entertaining listen from start to finish had a soundtrack vibe to it.

From your screenshot I see we gravitate to the same colors for files...I almost always use the same colors for certain instruments...strange habit, but I definitely have always had a synaesthesia experience with music with pitches and keys, so I try and get the color of the track to suit the sound...crazy......

c

thanks for the feedback guys, really appreciate it and will take all of those suggestions on board!

sub-d, heh funny you say that.. it just seems natural to me to make bass brown and drums orange/yellow. But I think I was just being semantic when I made the organ parts black and the lead electric a fire-engine red :)

Guitar is recorded clean, all effects in Logic played/recorded with software monitoring on. (Motu 828 I/O)

I used fuzz wah for the rhythm, a clean virtual amp for the "upstroke" rhythm for some texture, space designer for the first leads, and a virtual amp with a logic distortion preset for the wailing lead at the end.