First Logic Song

grimmdude

hey pretty good

One thing that really annoyed me (no offense) was that I saw so much potential!!!! It didn't go anywhere!!!! Seriously though that's the worst feeling for a listener, where there's a big feeling that the song is about to explode into awesome-ness but then it doesn't. It's like looking forward to a holiday for months but then it's canceled. There was a huge feeling of anticipation which was caused by the drums sticking to the hi hat and the guitar playing the same riff but then it went no where and stayed at the same dynamic level pretty much. If you then brought the song up after a bit of that anticipation it would be a seriously cool track. My suggestion is to make a seriously funky chorus. I see potential good work :D

Hi,

This is the 2nd time I listened to your song, listened to it last night, but had no time to leave a reply.. First off, the general vibe of the song is pretty cool! I think the bass line is really cool, and really give the song a nice "Oceans Eleven" kinda vibe to it.. I also like the sounds of the electric piano and the organ sounds. The way to song evolves into a kinda busy jam session, is really cool,, but just when I really get into the groove it's done.. So if I were you, I would shorten the way towards the end bit, and then expand that section and like cheesemonger said let the end go all out with all kinds of cool stuff.. I think the song could use a cool cowbell and some tambourines aswell.. haha well have fun :P

ps: rereading my post, I noticed that I used the word Cool quite alot.. so if I might suggest a new title: Really cool stuff! lol :D

Cool, thanks for the feedback. Yea the drums/high hat feels like it should bust out into a full set but I actually sampled that little groove off a record. I want to put some nice buildups and a higher energy chorus beat in there but my drum programming skillz are still in their developmental stages. btw is there a place to get free (realistic) drum samples? Cheesemonger I totally agree with you, a funky chorus would sound sick. I think if I could get that drum beat dialed in it would make a huge difference. Thanks again 8)

Oh and while I'm kind of on topic, does anyone have a recommendation for a decent midi drum pad controller? Right now I'm using an old analog synth with a midi out and it doesn't have velocity sensitive keys. Plus it seems like it will be a lot more cohesive to program drums with pads.