ESX24 dropot in mainstage

petessound

during playback of my sampler instruments some samples just stop playing. its not a MIDI thing and the place it drops out at is not constant. ive had this problem in logic before and turning on or off the virtual memory in the prefs seamed to work.

the thing is you cant get to the options on the EXS24 in mainstage. any ideas?

im on the latest version of mainstage. 10.4.11 using a MOTU 828 on the latest driver

thanks

during playback of my sampler instruments some samples just stop playing. its not a MIDI thing and the place it drops out at is not constant. ive had this problem in logic before and turning on or off the virtual memory in the prefs seamed to work.

the thing is you cant get to the options on the EXS24 in mainstage. any ideas?

im on the latest version of mainstage. 10.4.11 using a MOTU 828 on the latest driver

thanks

I haven't seen this before, but I'd be careful about drawing conclusions about VM vs no VM. I've had odd bugs in EXS instruments that can be solved in the editor in Logic. Is there a factory instrument that causes this behavior reliably that when VM is turned off is eliminated?

it only seems to be a problem on sampler instruments that i have built myself. on both one shot and regular zones.

the VM thing does seem odd to me, it just seemed to fix the prob when i was using logic. what do you mean by the editor in logic? can i get to it in mainstage?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hey.

I have the same problem. Thought it was my usb M-audio that caused it but I will try your solution wit VM. Thanks

I found some funny business when using the same sample multiple times in the same instrument. If I duplicate the sample and rename and import the physical copies the issues seem to vanish. Soo...

Anyhow, there is no virtual memory preferences to edit in MainStage. That's a Logic Pro only feature.

• 2 months later...

I've also been random esx24 drop outs while using mainstage, luckily it hasn't happen while we're playing shows. digging through my samplers, I realized that some we're playing aiff files @ 48k 24 bit, while others we're playing @ 44k 16bit, since I streamlined them all to 44k 16 bit everything is pretty consistent.

10.5.1 and Mainstage 1.0.2 together make me so happy