UAD-1 or Powercore

I've read in earlier topics a lot about TC Powercore versus UAD-1 DSP power.

I'm thinking about purchaging one of them. But now I don't know what to do.

I'm using G5 2.5 with 2.5 Gb Ram and digi 002 rack. I read a lot about probems with the UAD-1 in combination with the G5. But everybody says that the effect plugins are better than the TC powercore.

Anyone?

thanks!

about the Uad and your G5: the amount of plugins working on your Mac will be lower than on a normal PCI Mac. With the more demanding plugs that will _not_ be a problem. It will become a problem if you use a lot (smaller) Uad plugs at the same time. You can read all about it on their site.

Powercore is a great platform, but for the nicer plugs you need to pay a lot more. Generally people prefer Uad for compression and sometimes Eq, Powercore for diversity, reverb, mastertools, sony plugs, virus synth. Powercore is more expensive.

cheers

Budy

• 3 months later...

I have two of each.

The powercore - to be honest - pisses all over the UAD's range of plug-ins. Problem is you have to fork out megabucks for the good stuff on Poco EG Sony Oxford Range, Virus, MD3 mastering, restoration suite etc.

The UAD is not professional, but still very high end. The LA2 limiter is good and has an edge over some POCO stuff. The Sony Oxford Compressor, EQ and inflator on POCO is unbeatable though - will be the best investment you ever make IMO.