And it goes: Piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

When I try and run logic I get a high-pitched whine comming from my monitors and I really dont know whats causing it.

The whine only occurs with logic (not G. Band) and doesn't occur when I run logic from my Macbook Pro. Its not very loud... but its there. From other forums Ive managed to learn (or deduce) that it might be because my cables are unbalanced (I wouldn't know an unbalanced cable from a lamp post:) If so why isn't the whine occurring when I run from my Macbook pro?

Please help

I'm running logic on a 2.4 imac with an m-audio fast track pro and esi near o5 experience emonitors ( trs connection) latest drivers (Apple and M-audio) installed.

David

Thank you very much for taking the trouble to answer.

if you mean changing to the built in audio drivers in audio preferences within logic then I'm going to have to ask you to talk me through how to do it.

If you mean does the problem go away when I switch to the internal speakers in System Preferences then yes it does.

What is totally baffling to me is the lack of noise when running Garage Band and playing music in itunes.

One other thing. When I plug the interface into a USB hub (instead of directly into the computer) the noise becomes intermittent?!

I would be grateful for your thoughts

Jacek

David

I tried out your suggestion. When I switch to in built the noise goes away.

Problem is nothing comes out of the monitors.

If this is a problem with the m-audio driver why am I the only one experiencing it?

Surely there are hundreds of logic users out there using the fast track pro interface?

Jacek

Do you mean nothing comes out of the monitors that are plugged in to your interface? You won't hear anything if switching to built-in because your monitors are hooked up to the interface and not the computer. You should hear stuff coming through the internal speakers when switching to built-in.