creating a seperate click for sync?

nighttrippa

Im fairly new to logic 8, and was wondering what the easiest way to create a seperate click track coming out of outputs 3 and 4. I will use this as a sync signal to sync my linn drum and the arpegiattor on a monopoly, and I figure there's got to be an easier way than creating audio tracks, perhaps in the environment, with which I am not too familiar with yet, unfortunately. :( Love the site it's a great help!

Either....

Create a new Software Instrument track. (Do it in the main window: just click on the plus-button above the track list, select Software Instrument and assign it to Outputs 3-4).

Record 4 beats, and loop the region.

Or:

Open the Environment Window (key command: Command 8').

Find the channel strip called 'Click' (Inst 256).

Change 'Output 1-2' to 'Output 3-4'.

Or:

Click hold on the Metronome icon in the Transport bar.

(If it's not visible, click-hold on the Transport Paenl background, select Customize Transport Bar and activate 'Click'.)

what the easiest way to create a seperate click track coming out of outputs 3 and 4

Create a send on the Klopfgeist instrument object ( intr 256 by default ). Set the send knob to 0db and assign the output select of the corresponding send Aux object to Out 3-4. The metronome signal path will be split/duplicated thru Out 1-2 and 3-4 this way.

Or:

Open the Environment Window (key command: Command 8').

Find the channel strip called 'Click' (Inst 256).

This method is most easy that's truth but sometimes may not work...

What I mean is the "Project Settings->Metronome" Output option. If you set this option to some other output different of 1-2, then the metronome will be output according this setting does not matter that the environment ( instr 256 ) output select is set to 1-2, so the Project Settings Metronome Output option behaves as Metronome Global option !!!

That's why I recommend the Bus routing tip I describe in my previous post.

Create a new Software Instrument track. (Do it in the main window: just click on the plus-button above the track list, select Software Instrument and assign it to Outputs 3-4). Record 4 beats, and loop the region.

thanks forall the great ideas, I just made a midi file which I will use from now on with different options like 8th notes, 16th, triplets...etc., that I can go in and mute/unmute notes at will. This syncs y monopoly just great and I like that I can adjust the delay +/- to get things to groove right. Now If I can only get the tape sync signal from the linn drum looped up correctly in logic so I can bring that into my different sessions at different tempos and spit it back out to the linn drum I'll be in business.

Create a send on the Klopfgeist instrument object ( intr 256 by default ). Set the send knob to 0db and assign the output select of the corresponding send Aux object to Out 3-4. The metronome signal path will be split/duplicated thru Out 1-2 and 3-4 this way.

I like this idea and tried it before I posted but the click button in the transport still overrides this killing the click everywhere, even with the send is pre fader, thus not really providing me a signal seperate from my original click.

Archived