New SSL Toy

Well. having a quick peek at the SSL PDF it looks like this thing is a glorified patch bay. On the one side is all of your outboard. On the other side is your DAW. And this thing sits in the middle.

I see no mention of 'G Series Compressor' or 'E Signature Channel'. Presumably the EQ and dynamics are bog-standard.

If it was 32 channels of the above then I'd go for it.

Plus you have to buy the MADI interface for another couple of grand.

It would have to be very special to drag me away from the following combination:- A good audio interface, a good selection of analogue outboard, and a good DAW. I don't need to spend 26k on a mouse substitute.

its basically a digital mixer with DAW controller abilities, yes?

I guess so. And there are lots of those for far less money.

Unless there are high-end SSL channels and mix buss dynamics and EQ with this unit then it's not worth the outlay.

Perhaps someone should ask SSL. The PDF is unclear.

its basically a digital mixer with DAW controller abilities, yes?

It's an analog mixer/DAW controller with 16 SSL SuperAnalog Channels (including dynamics, compressor, gate, filters).

OK. So it's analogue. But are the SuperAnalogue channels the same as they are in the XLogic rack module range? In other words.... if I buy this thing is it like having 16 stereo XLogic compressors and EQ?

This doesn't seem to be stated clearly and unequivocally on the site or the PDF. I'm still a little puzzled.