splitting notes

Ploki

yeah but that will shorten them, i wish to split them.

edit: i just figured i can just select everything then and copy it one 32th in front ;D

thanks!

should have figured out this one myself, i could just select them all, shorten them, and then copy them in front.

shish.

yeah but that will shorten them, i wish to split them.

edit: i just figured i can just select everything then and copy it one 32th in front ;D

thanks!

should have figured out this one myself, i could just select them all, shorten them, and then copy them in front.

shish.

And to think if splitting the Atom were this easy. :roll:

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question that is along the same lines ...

Let's say you have an 8 bar Audio Region, and want to split it (for whatever reason) @ every 1/4 note.

Simply get the Scissor Tool, hold Option, and then click on the first 1/4 note.

The rest of the cuts will happen automatically.

The same rule will apply with Midi Regions as well.

So my question is this: is there a way to do this with a single Midi note?

What I mean is (instead of using the UltraBeat Step Sequencer, or the Hyper Editor) let's say I want to quickly create 8 measures of 32nd note High Hats - I am going to have to Pencil in each note, right?

Can't I just Pencil in a single note that stretches over the entire 8 measures, and use the Scissor tool in conjunction with the Option key to create multiple cuts?

(FWIW - I didn't want to start a whole new thread for this question, and thought this fits into the topic in question)

:)

Gee, David.

You should consider writing a book or something.

With all of your knowledge, you would be able to help a lot of noobs like me.

:lol:

Better yet - make a free version of your book so that all of us disabled jobless users can afford a copy.

That would be really groovy.

:lol:

On a serious note - thank you for the input. I over looked the function you mentioned.

Thank you.

Take care.

David - did I misunderstand you, or am I correct by assuming I should be able to use that scissor method on a single Midi note?

If I am correct with my assumption - then something is wrong, because it is not working.

Granted - the (Command-R) KC worked just like you said ... but it got me wondering why the process I mentioned earlier isn't working like I assumed it would.

make any sense?

Thanks

-Scott-

David - did I misunderstand you, or am I correct by assuming I should be able to use that scissor method on a single Midi note?

If I am correct with my assumption - then something is wrong, because it is not working.

Granted - the (Command-R) KC worked just like you said ... but it got me wondering why the process I mentioned earlier isn't working like I assumed it would.

make any sense?

Thanks

-Scott-

you want to slice notes like you slice regions in the arrange yes?

thats what i wanted to do to, but it didnt happen.

just create a note and slice the region, click "split", merge the region back.

this is the only way i can think of, because optioncut in pianoroll doesnt work

:roll:

In the arrange window I penciled in a 1 measure region.

In the score window I entered a Whole note.

In the transport bar, I set the divisions to /64 (for example).

I set the zoom slider so the divisions were viewable in the Piano role.

I set the SPL (playhead) to anywhere on the note and used the scissor tool to 'split' the note into whatever divisions I wanted (you don't really need to position the SPL if you are good). The results are reflected in the score window. What used to be a whole note is now split into sub notes that can be moved and/or playedback.

1441803567_Picture1.png.c1420f9745589494388aabe4884fd95c.png

Hey, Shiv.

Ok ... I with you all the way up until the

I set the SPL (playhead) to anywhere on the note and used the scissor tool to 'split' the note into whatever divisions I wanted (you don't really need to position the SPL if you are good). The results are reflected in the score window. What used to be a whole note is now split into sub notes that can be moved and/or playedback.

How do I do that with the SPL, exactly?

:oops:

Thanks

-Scott-

might be .... but I am gonna try your suggestion.

You always have good ideas.

Thanks

Thanks,

Someday, I will tell you about my Vaporization attachment I want to put on the front and back of my car. I will use it on aggressive drivers or the idiots who decide to cut in front of me and drive slow.

Also, my remote clicker to disable/ fry out the radio/CD player in the cars that drive by my house with the Volume on '11'

Them: BOOM-Da Da BOOM BOOM BOOM

Me: 'Click'

Them: (total silence) :evil: WTF!!! :cry:

Me: :lol: 8) :lol:

Unless I'm missing something... what does that have to do with this thread? We're trying to slice a MIDI note, which you can't do in Logic. You can slice a region, but not a note. Of course you can manually cut up a note with scissors, but that's not the point, what Waterboy wanted to do is a "Divide Multiple" (Option-scissors) on a single note. And that does not work.

Unless I'm missing something... what does that have to do with this thread? We're trying to slice a MIDI note, which you can't do in Logic. You can slice a region, but not a note. Of course you can manually cut up a note with scissors, but that's not the point, what Waterboy wanted to do is a "Divide Multiple" (Option-scissors) on a single note. And that does not work.

The questions were about splitting a note from a 16th value to a 32nd value.

I guess my reply had nothing to do with that. I am such a 'tard! :?