Playback Issues

ZachTaylor

So, this is a fairly straight-foward problem that I've been delving into the last few days. I can record tracks fine, and the rest of my computer audio works, however, when I go to playback on Logic Pro 8, no audio can be heard, though the bars indicate that audio is being played. I have my Core Audio configured to Presonus Fire Studio, but I have already determined that the interface is not the problem, but something in Logic concerning my I/O most probably. Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro

2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

Presonus FireStudio Project

And if you plug a headphone in your interface?

If Logic shows signal on its Out 1-2 channel strip, then it's producing audio, and the problem is further down the chain. If your interface doesn't produce any audio, try switching to built-in audio, choosing the built-in speakers, or the headphone out, whatever you can use to test it.

If the built-in interface works, you've narrowed the problem down to your interface and its drivers. I would try reinstalling the latest drivers for your computer model and version of OS X. Go to Presonus.com for that.

So, this is a fairly straight-foward problem that I've been delving into the last few days. I can record tracks fine, and the rest of my computer audio works, however, when I go to playback on Logic Pro 8, no audio can be heard, though the bars indicate that audio is being played. I have my Core Audio configured to Presonus Fire Studio, but I have already determined that the interface is not the problem, but something in Logic concerning my I/O most probably. Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro

2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

Presonus FireStudio Project

Interesting, If I may ask - how did you determine it wasn't the Presonus?

Just curious... :roll:

Archived