Loops changing key.

buzwah

I've been going thru my Apple Loops recently and found something strange that hopefully someone would able to help me with. I installed the Greg Adams session CD which has brass Loops and shots, falls etc. My problem is that when I audition the loops in the Loop browser and the loop is say, Cm7 Fall it is in concert pitch. But when I add it to the arrange page the pitch is one semitone out. Transpose in the Parameter section is set to 0. This makes it awkward to audition loops as the keys don't match. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. It's freaking me out!!

OK... this how the loop browser and the arrange page work together.

First of all, decide what key you song is in and then set that key in the signature global track. Then, open up your loop browser and notice, in the lower right corner there is a menu box that says: "Play In". If you select "Original Key" the browser will play the loops back in their recorded key. If you select "Song", then the the loop browser will play back the loop in the.. surprise... song's key.

So, you can see that there is an interactive relationship between the loop browser and you song that, now that you understand it, you will be able to use it to your advantage! Have fun! :)

Steve

Except when the song is actually playing... then you don't get a choice. It just plays to whatever key you have set in you Sig Track.

This is kinda strange, because don't we almost always audition loops whiles our current song is in playback? I hope they add this option to the loop Browser soon.

It works out most the time, but there are many times when I'd like to over-ride the key of the song during playback/auditioning, w/o dragging them to a track 1st.

Also, would love an auto-play button in the loop browser! Go pour a cup a coffee while 200 of my fav custom Tamb loops are going by over the song.

Run back in when I hear the perfect one.

I think I understand why I'm confused with the one shots. in the loop browser I have say for arguments sake a one shot sample. In the Browser in the key column it shows the sample being in the key of D. But when I audition it from within the loop browser either in the Song or Original key the sample plays back at D#. When I drag it into the Arrangement it plays back at the original sample key of D regardless of what the song key is in. Hence my confusion. Also if i audition the same sample from the hard drive where the sample resides it plays back at the correct pitch ie D. In other words somehow the Loop Browser is transposing the samples half a tone. Don't know why.

Yes,i have the same problem,in fact the problem is same when i use " import audio file" ,from any folders stored in different hard disks[apple loops or normal wave /aiff files]They play in the original pitch in any other media players but not in logic 8.

This was not in Logic 7.It played all files in the original pitch.I feel this is some kind of bug .they have improved a lot in 8.0.2 and waiting for the updates all the time.

Logic 8 has the maximum bugs uptill now from any of the earlier versions.

I have never seen so many people wanting help all the time on this site before logic 8,may be newer buyers want readymade help as some of the questions are very basics,which can be solved by reading manual,[but the fact remains that there are many bugs]

I use

[Logic 8.0.2,Leopard ,G5 2.5 dual core,2.5 ram,]