2GB limit...

bellyofthedragon

Sometimes in work we have this sort of trouble when people try to send us omf files. (Nothing to do with Logic here, but same type of problem maybe?)

The editor making the omf claims it shouldn't be more than 1G, but he get's the 2G warning. It these cases it's usually the audio in his timeline having been used from long takes. e.g. a 10 second clip taken form a 30 minute interview. Although the timeline only shows the 10 seconds, the underlying file is still big.

So, (I'm getting to the point now!) do you have audio files in your audio bin for this project that yopu haven't used?

Also, (I'm not at logic right now) is there a way in Logic to keep the stuff on your timeline and dump the rest of the media in your project? It's called "Consolidate" in the Avid picture world, I don't know the Logic equivalent.

And finally, the disc your exporting to, is it FAT32? We had a bit of fun in work recently in work with a large file, and our conclusion (which could well be wrong) was the FAT32 discs will give the 2G limit problem.

Good luck, and please do report back if you ever find a solution.

Cheers.

So, (I'm getting to the point now!) do you have audio files in your audio bin for this project that yopu haven't used?

Have managed to 'bounce' something now but would not play on my Apple TV (to test it out) even though its an mp4. I will try some variations. Found I needed to select the bounce length with the 'Cycle' tool.

Any other ideas welcome. having all sorts of issues with my spanking new 8 core!

Steve