Audio Drops because of just using one cpu-core...

cb1974

hello... i got a projectfile which i edited yesterday without problems..today when i loaded up the whole thing i get audio dropouts while playing....if i look on the cpu meter i can see, that just one core is in use .the other core is kind of totally unstressed... is there a posibility to swap an intensive plugin to the other cpu ?

im on a macbook 2gig with 2 gig ram, running tiger and phase 26 usb audiointerface ... but like i said..yesterday eveything was working fine

just if someone has the same problem... u wont believe it

in this project i mainly have audiofiles just mixing with logic, it seemed to be strange that theres such an overload as yesterday the cpu usage was very low

i turned of airport and everything is running nice and smooth..when im turning on airport again the cpu usage in my project rises to the double...

so if someone of u hase these cpu problem try out to turn of airport, might solve the problem

i switched off airport and the prob was gone... i saw later then, that a lot people got the same problem, which was also solved by turning off airport..

i wouldnt say logic has a poor performance, if it runs "normal", but yesterday i was kind of shocked..lol

Archived