How to use a mic

epyon72

well like, I've figured out how to record using midi instruments... Select the midi tracks, input --> select instrument --> hit record --> start playing

But when I select the audio tracks and press record, it tells me "No audio track is enabled for recording." I guess what I'm trying to do is turn this audio track into the mic?

When I select Audio 1 and the channel set to "Track 1", the R button isn't there. But when I change the channel to something else, for example "Output-1" the R button appears. But when I hit the R button it starts bouncing...

What am I doing wrong?

it is indeed selected:

Driver: Blue Snowball

I/O Buffer Size: 512

Recording Delay: 0

Max number of Audio Tracks: 32

Larger Disk Buffer: unchecked

24 Bit Recording: checked

Software Monitoring: checked

and I know the mic is working, as it works w/ garage band's default settings. The input in garageband is set as "channel 1 & 2"

but just when i go over to select the input for audio track in logic, all i see is "no input"

ok, i think i've got a little further. Now when i click on I/O i see Input 1 and Input 2, and also a Bus menu. I could also get the original built-in mic to work. What settings do I need to change in order to get the usb mic to work?