Back from the Power of 7 Tour

Highlights:

* Seratto Pitch and Time - Absolutely incredible. This is coming from someone who very rarely alters pitches, but just seeing what it could do has me thinking.

* Apogee Ensemble - Definitely the coolest looking interface out there, and it seems to match its looks ith functionality.

* MacBook Pro - OH MY GOD!!! They were working the whole time on this Quad loaded with this song that they said had something like 120 plugins and 30 tracks of audio. They then played the exact song on a MacBook Pro. Didn't miss a sample. Insane.

Yeah except I was in L.A. so it wasn't the same team I guess. But that english blond singer's video and track, and they remixed it, and they had a guitar player and did a live recording session.

They explained that they have the feeling people don't know about all the audio recording/editing capabilities in Logic so they focused on that..

Still did some interesting things with Sculpture+sidechain and Ultrabeat and a vocal file loaded as a sample...

The vocal tricks in ultrabeat were pretty cool. It was geared more to sell to those out of the choir, as far as presentation goes but still impressive none the less.

What was the sculpture sidechain tip. They did some sculpture stuff but nothing with sidechaining.

We had bass instead of guitar. And though I'm sure the remixing was preplanned, just watching someone go through it was inspiring.

Oh of course, everything is pre-planned. I've done a few of those last year, it's impossible to talk to a crowd without rehearsing your moves at home first. I'm sure Phil Jackson spends about 15 Hr /day rehearsing his demos in front of his mirror, trying all sorts of different british accents.

They runned Apple Loops of drumbeats in Sculpture's sidechain and used it to trigger the Object 2.

I hope this tour makes it accross to the UK! Sounds excellent. Would love to see some one like Phil Jackson demo Logic (what ever did happen to his third Gear Vision video BTW??).

I saw Emagic at Musikmesse a few years ago (when they had the huge 'spaceship' booth with tons of logic control stations. Ahhh, the memories... :D

If anyone that's been at the shows has the time, could they explain some of these neat tricks that being talked about