How do I access GM sounds?

Stevo Da Devo

Whack question, I know, as there is probably a very easy answer, and if I spent a coupla hours trifling through the manual I could probably find it. But if I dont find it then I'll be properly shat off and waste an afternoon of creativity...

I have looked, and everything I've read relates to connecting an external midi device. not what I want.

I'm trying to track down the shitty GM sounds like the ones on every crappy keyboard ever made...

cheers in advance!

I'm on L7, and I guess things are different for 8, or so it looks...

I've inserted the DLSMsuicDevice as an instrument on an Inst track. It tells me the sound bank is QT Music Synth, but offer me no option to change the sound, and because the

By the looks of things you've created a multi instrument in the Environment, and cabled it to an Inst track? is this right??

When I open a new session there are a stack of midi tracks, all pre programmed to respective GM sounds, but none of them make any sound. Could it be that I'm to use these?