Project File Sizes?

LS.

Just wondering why my project files are so big in Size? even though i dont have "include assets" checked my project files reach upto 112 MB. Just started a new track and have a few percussion audi files in the arrane with ine external MIDI tracks and i am already at 4MB?

Using LP8?

My Cubase CPR fild were always way under 1 MB even on complete tracks with upto 50 channels running both MIDI and Audio?

Please help - i always save in increments each step ot way and end up with about 40 project files from start to finish. This is taking up waaaay to ,uch space on my HD.

Is this normal?

EDIT: As David later pointed out, I didn't read your question carefully enough. Sorry. :oops:

##

It happened to me once, at the creation of the project, I ticked the ticky to say "save EXS24 samples to folder." This was pulling my samples off my external disk and saving them to my laptop for inclusion with this project.

Sure that makes it easier to archive and guarantee it will work in the future. But it can make your projects big up fast.

That's right. Big up.

(I untickied it.)

Edited by MtL

It happened to me once, at the creation of the project, I ticked the ticky to say "save EXS24 samples to folder." This was pulling my samples off my external disk and saving them to my laptop for inclusion with this project.

Sure that makes it easier to archive and guarantee it will work in the future. But it can make your projects big up fast.

That's right. Big up.

(I untickied it.)

We're talking size of the project file, not project folder (the OP did not include assets).

That's right. Big up.

(I untickied it.)

We're talking size of the project file, not project folder (the OP did not include assets).

100%. Almost seems like all my audio files are being written into the project file, if this is even possible?

Re: Options > Project Information - i will look at this tonight. Thanks for the tip. i did not know about this!

will this mean that i can only undo 1 step of error?

If this is the case this would seem pointless?

Im sorry for dragging this on but i really would like to keep my project file sizes low especially as i always end up with about 60 of them per track.

Appreciate your help

Thanks

Undo history takes space. You can't have everything, a large undo history AND a small project file size. The choice is yours.

Personally I think 60 project files with 30 steps of undo history for each is overkill. Maybe you can kill the undo history for the older projects, and keep it high for the lastest project, the one you're actually working on?

Agreed.

I think i am confusing myself here

I never reopen a project and undo things from a previous day or weeks work

which leads me to my question. If i have my undo history set to say 1, in a session where i open the project in the morning and am still working on it in the evening without closing and reopening do the undo steps accumulate allowing me to undo over 1 step because I have not closed the project?

then if i close the and reopen the project do undos all dissapear to the number allocated in the preferences i.e. 1

Hope this makes sense.