Save Logic Controller Assignments

bassplayer710

Hi all,

I've just assigned the faders on my CME UF6 keyboard to control the channel faders in Logic 8 (this took quite a while!) so I'm looking for a way to backup these preferences. I can't see a way to export the settings within logic (like you can with key commands).

Is there a file hidden deep in the logic subfolders that contains this data that I can simply copy to backup? Then for example, if I format my harddrive and reinstall logic will I simply have to paste this file over the existing default to have all my controller assignments back?

Thanks for any help,

Andy

Macbook, Leopard, Logic Studio 8, CME UF6 Keyboard (all with latest updates).

Hi all,

I've just assigned the faders on my CME UF6 keyboard to control the channel faders in Logic 8 (this took quite a while!) so I'm looking for a way to backup these preferences. I can't see a way to export the settings within logic (like you can with key commands).

Is there a file hidden deep in the logic subfolders that contains this data that I can simply copy to backup? Then for example, if I format my harddrive and reinstall logic will I simply have to paste this file over the existing default to have all my controller assignments back?

Thanks for any help,

Andy

Macbook, Leopard, Logic Studio 8, CME UF6 Keyboard (all with latest updates).

This is the file that the control surface setting are saved to and loaded from when closing or opening Logic.

~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.logic.pro.cs

So if you make a different set of changes and want to keep them for future use, you will need to make a copy of that file.

A quick and easy method would be to use the search box of your main volume drive and type 'com.apple.logic.pro.cs' or 'pro.cs' and the .CS preferences will be displayed.

Hi-lite and Control + C (copy) the file and Paste it back in (Control + V ). The extension will have copy added to it and will not load into logic. You can make as many control surface settings as you like and save them this way. You can explain what they are in the Get info part of the file.

When you want one of the copies to load up in Logic you have to swap the two files which means renaming each one. Simply rename the real .CS file and delete .copy from the one you want to use.

Make these changes prior to launching Logic.

Does this make any sense?

This is the file that the control surface setting are saved to and loaded from when closing or opening Logic.

~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.logic.pro.cs

So if you make a different set of changes and want to keep them for future use, you will need to make a copy of that file.

A quick and easy method would be to use the search box of your main volume drive and type 'com.apple.logic.pro.cs' or 'pro.cs' and the .CS preferences will be displayed.

Hi-lite and Control + C (copy) the file and Paste it back in (Control + V ). The extension will have copy added to it and will not load into logic. You can make as many control surface settings as you like and save them this way. You can explain what they are in the Get info part of the file.

When you want one of the copies to load up in Logic you have to swap the two files which means renaming each one. Simply rename the real .CS file and delete .copy from the one you want to use.

Make these changes prior to launching Logic.

Does this make any sense?

Excellent help! Many thanks for a speedy reply.