NewBee from Hollywood California

ProTools is a wonderful application but it lacks the "creation part" of what I was looking for. I find a lot of Logic Users are writing Dance/Techno/Trance types of music (which I love) but I have yet to find anyone who is a Rock/Pop style writer, ie. using soft-instruments to design a basic loop theme/drum tracks/pad harmony and finishing off live recording. I see that there is a class, (101) that looks good, but I'm afraid that it will evolve too much around MIDI and Techno Music and not Rock/Pop. Edited by jfwarren1

Johnny, welcome to our community! It souds like you are passionate, and I think you will like Logic a lot. It is a great compositional tool.

The 101 class (the next one will be at the end of May) is a great class to jumpstart ALL your skills in Logic. There is about as much talk about the MIDI editing as there is about Audio recording (including punching in and out, auto punch-in and punch on the fly, cycle recording, organizing takes in folders...). If you are new to Logic it will help you a lot.

Now you also have the 301 class which is more advanced, and shows more of the Audio mixers and signal routing, beat mapping (which is the process of adjusting Logic's grid so it fits you're recording's 'groove' or 'feel' over the length of a song/piece of music) and further tempo manipulations.

Both classes talk about automation and working with picture, and many other topics.

Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any question on those classes.

And don't hesitate to ask here if you have any questions about Logic! Welcome to the Logic world. 8)

Hi. welcome to you! I am also new on this forum which seems pretty cool! I am a 23 musician and guitar composer. I moved in L.A last october for the music. Completly different from Europe though ( I am from France), but really interesting. Bonjour biensûr à David! ça a été sympa de parler avec toi ce soir au guitar center de Sunset Blvd! J'espère qu'on se reverra bientôt! ( et oui j'écris encore avec les accents! Euh.....oui j ai ramené mon clavier!

Fabien.

http://www.myspace.com/fabianfeaturingfeatures

• 4 weeks later...