Korg Oasys Environment

Incrutable = un-figure-outable.

Layers identified in accompanying docs loaded with different names than indicated so I couldn't refer back to the docs. The main layer set up 10,000 whiz-bang gadgets and gizmos that to me, looked flat-out scary. I'm just trying to write some music and I'm hoping I might find an environment that gives me all programs by name and plays nice with Logic while not requiring me to be as smart as the rest of the people on this forum.

Could you please post that environment as a .zip file (or, post a link to where that environment is located)?

STR-1 is a particularly complicated model. I'd have to see the environment for myself before I could suggest to you whether using it in lieu of the OASYS' touch screen would be of benefit. Same with the other EXs models. So if you could post a file/link, it would be very helpful!

And besides, I'd be curious to see these templates for my own s&g's, since I had a hand in the development of STR-1, AL-1, and MOD-7. :mrgreen:

Thanks for posting that.

Here's what that environment does... assuming that you're working in the SEQ mode so that the Oasys acts like a multi-timbral synth (which, BTW, doesn't require that you actually uset the built-in sequencer), this environment lets you manipulate various 'basic' parameters for each individual timbre in the multi-timbral setup you create. That's why there are 16 blocks of controls, representing ch. 1 - ch. 16 (or, in Korg-speak, Timbres 1 - 16).

That environment doesn't remotely begin to address the programming of the various EXs types like STR-1, etc. My guess is that you'll never see the kind of environment you're looking for. It would be a tremendous undertaking for anyone attempting to create such an environment for any one of the EXs models. I'm not even sure that the documentation exists which describes what kinds of MIDI messages would have to be sent from Logic to the various Oasys parameters so that you could manipulate them from within Logic's environment.

Honestly, I wouldn't get your hopes up to ever see those kinds of environments. I think your best bet would be to mess around with Tone Adjust as an initial approach to altering sounds. Tone Adjust is a very powerful way to make changes. And the good part about Tone Adjust is that whatever changes you make will be saved when you re-save your edited program (in a new location, preferably).