How to change input device for existing concert file?

shugs

Hi Guys,

I've been using MainStage for a few months now, with my old Edirol controller. I've spent a lot of time setting everything up. I have around 50 patches set up, some of which have 6-7 instruments and splits and effects that I've individually tweaked.

I just got a new controller earlier today, an Axiom 61, and I can't seem make it work with my existing concert file.

If I start a new file from scratch, it's all fine ... I get "Device 1" as my default input device and it's good.

Opening up my existing file, and I can't see how to make it work with the Axiom. In each channel strip, I only have the option of selecting EDIROL PCR or None as my input device.

Please tell me I don't have to start a new concert file and set everything up from scratch again just because I got a new keyboard!!!

All help greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Tony

BTW: Love Logic. Love MainStage.

A bit more info:

* Yes, I do see midi events being sent when I press keys. To the same channel as with the old controller.

* When I said I only have the option of selecting "EDIROL PCR", or "None" ... that's in the "Key Range" section of the "Channel Strip Inspector" for each channel strip.

* Shouldn't there just be something in "Preferences -> Audio/Midi" that just lets me select the input midi device to use for everything?

OK. Just found that clicking on the keyboard in Layout view gives me exactly what I want :-)

In the Hardware Assignment section, the Port 2 Axiom device was selected by default. Had to change it to Port 1.

And it looks like that "EDIROL PCR" name that appears as a device everywhere else is changeable to anything you like.

I just got a new controller earlier today, an Axiom 61, and I can't seem make it work with my existing concert file.

The Axiom 61 is a nice one, I have a 49. Works great with MainStage.

Now the trick: open your concert, go to layout mode, select the keyboard object, rename it in the inspector to "ASSIGN" (no quotes, all caps), disconnect your Axiom and connect it again. MainStage will re-assign all controllers matching your Axiom 61.

This is the same way the template concerts in MainStage are "knowing" that they need to match any keyboard that is connected while opening them.