Programmed Notes While Performing

Moietyhalf

I have a slight conundrum and was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible.

Im in an electronic band and use Mainstage for live performance. I use the vocoder synth and the talkbox for most of the songs and only have 2 band members. The other person plays synths and keyboards. Is there a way to program notes to be played during the song so I wouldnt have to play the notes myself while singing during live performance. Im pretty sure it cant be done in mainstage, but does someone know of a program that you can?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
I have a slight conundrum and was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible.

Im in an electronic band and use Mainstage for live performance. I use the vocoder synth and the talkbox for most of the songs and only have 2 band members. The other person plays synths and keyboards. Is there a way to program notes to be played during the song so I wouldnt have to play the notes myself while singing during live performance. Im pretty sure it cant be done in mainstage, but does someone know of a program that you can?

Thanks

I think there is a program out that will do that for you... Let me think...Ah yes! It's called LOGIC.

I think there is a program out that will do that for you... Let me think...Ah yes! It's called LOGIC.

now now Mr Timbers, play nice. :D

yes you could very much use logic. But by doing so you lose some of the functionality of mainstage that makes it great for live use.

i use logic live (in a very similar group i must say! two of us, pure synth :D) and it works great.

But i must admit, some sort of midi sequencer within mainstage would be a rather nice feature.

But yes... as shivermetimbers said... logic works a treat :)