Logic and mainstage in a live setting

RyanG

I've been using logic live live for about a year and it's perfect for what we do - all the backing beats are lined up with tempo changes in the same project, all my instruments are ready to go, it works a dream.

I recently got mainstage working after upgrading and am wondering whether it's worth reprogramming the live set to include it but my question is this:

can you run both programs in sync?

For example - will an ultrabeat running in mainstage lock to logics tempo and can I use mainstage to control, say, the filter cutoff on a filter effect im running on the audio tracks while playing another instrument/ triggering ultrabeat patterns??

And what about this - using mainstage to trigger touch tracks on on 4 different channels and setting it up to control the parameters 4 synths running on each of those sequences?

If it's possible im going to be a very happy man!! :D

• 2 weeks later...

If it's perfect, then don't mess with it! :lol:

I'm not aware of mainstage doing any kind of syncing. Seems like there is just no sequencer in it.

I wish they would just stuff mainstage in the environment somewhere, as an optional interface for the environment. I can do everything in the environment that mainstage does - mainstage is just faster for mapping splits/transposition/etc.