Score Editor: Line Break Behavior

ski

great reminder thanks FP... yes I have used Guides ever since they came out and my favourite setting is Show Guide when the Object is selected.

There is still that weird behaviour of graphic symbols/rehearsal letters sometimes jumping up several inches to a mad place no where near the original, but Guides help to tame the behaviour.

When reformatting a part with Line Breaks I often find that rehearsal letters/Coda signs etc suddenly jump miles away when you break a line close to a bar they are on.

My workaround for this is to put the Playhead at the new position correct position and select an object nearby then just Cut and Paste the Symbol to the new place. It happens in seconds once you are used to it with Key Commands and it is much more reliable than trying to drag the symbol to the place you want it.

My workaround for this is to put the Playhead at the new position correct position and select an object nearby then just Cut and Paste the Symbol to the new place. It happens in seconds once you are used to it...

It should happen in half the amount of seconds with "Move Event to Playhead Position" then. :-)

PS - while talking about reminders, here's a useful key command relevant for the above situation, which I hereby officially remind myself to use more often: option click on the note lines a staff to place the playhead to that position. This is very useful eg. if the playhead isn't visible. I'm sure you know this one MS, but I know that many Logic users don't!