Sample/Wave Editors for Mac?

Okay, I've asked this question a few places but still haven't obtained one. Here is what I am looking for:

Wave editing program (similar to soundforge) for the Mac. I want to export beats and samples from logic and process them in this program... effects etc.

I have heard the program 'Peak' mentioned but many people claim to hate it.

What do you suggest? Should I get demos? Cheap is nice, of course.

DSP-Quattro has one big advantage over SoundTrack: it can edit loops accurately [at the sample level] by bars and beats, whereas with SoundTrack you just don't know where you are. Moreover, DSP-Q can host AU and VST plug-ins, SoundTrack can only do AU...

You should also have a look at what AudioFinder can do, slice-wise — and it supports effects too.

DSP-Quattro has one big advantage over SoundTrack: it can edit loops accurately [at the sample level] by bars and beats, whereas with SoundTrack you just don't know where you are. Moreover, DSP-Q can host AU and VST plug-ins, SoundTrack can only do AU...

You should also have a look at what AudioFinder can do, slice-wise — and it supports effects too.

where do you get the bars n beats in dsp?

I just must chime in here real quick. I am convinced that when Adobe Audition gets ported over to mac next year it's going to blow everyone's socks off. I've just started playing around with it for PC (ugggghhh) and it's an incredible sample editor. Think about it like this, you can pretty successfully eliminate a snare from a stereo drum track. Yes I am serious. I was a long time Peak user, recently switched to STP with the hope of better sample editing, but honestly you really can't beat what they've got in Audition. The lasso tool will be an audio editors new best friend. 2007 can't come soon enough.

Sorry to tease you, but you should know these things.

Hey RockBottom,

Thanks for the AudioFinder tip. I hadn't seen that before and it's just what I needed!

So I thought I'd use it to select a kick sound for a tune I'm working on. Trouble is, after scanning my samples & Loops drive, it came back with 8,053 kick drum samples. When am I going to have time to listen to 8,053 kick drum sounds? Huh?

That's it. No more drum sample CDs for me!