I want a kick ass effect apparatus for live playing

basman

Hey everybody,

I am new to the logic world. I have been using other recording software (tracktion) and now I am thinking of buying logic pro 8 . Now I stumbled upon "mainstage" and I am hoping that it is what i think it is.

Is it possible to use a macbook pro, 2,53, 4gig, for effects on my bass on stage?

So, I'm thinking:

Connect the bass to the sound interface (ESI quatafire 610, firewire 400), then use effects like reverb, distortion, chorus, octaver, from logic/mainstage, and hopefully being able to switch between effect patches while I play?

Is this possible or is mainstage only useful for midi instruments?

Is the latency going to be low enough to be practically useful?

And is it actually mainstage that im supposed to use for this purpose or should I use Logic ?

So for extra clarity: I do not have external effect pedals that i wish to control. I want to use moy mac for the whole thing.

Greetz,

basman from Holland

Hi

Absolutely possible!

MainStage works with Audio channels as well as Software Instrument channels.

You may want to use some MIDI pedals for patch changing/bypassing FX etc.

Latency will depend on the drivers for your chosen audio interface (I use a MOTU Ultralite... works really well, even at very low buffers)

HTH

CCT

Hey,

thanx for your post.

I dont know much about all of this. I bought this interface (quatafire 610) and installed it with the drivers that came with it. Do you mean that i could search for ohther drivers that might be faster for this same peace of hardware?

Grtz