Any guitarists using Mainstage/Guitar Amp Pro?

THEjohncarroll

I'd love to hear your stories. Stories of success, failure, frustration, things to look out for, etc. I'm a professional guitarist, and the option of using my laptop instead of schlepping an amp in certain situations makes buying Logic Studio even sweeter. Any thoughts?

jc

I use PodFarm Platinum that was just released by Line 6. Fun fun!

Note that Todd Rundgren's Arena CD was mostly done on his laptop using GearBox, RiffWorks and triggering guitar sections with the Reason sampler!

:D Thanks, guys. I'm getting excited about purchasing Logic Studio. I'm gonna try to use GAP in Mainstage to play in certain live situations. Any bugs are known issues to look out for?

Just a practical one, depending on your setup you need monitoring. I've played a PodXT via PA and general monitoring, but it was tricky, much easier if you have a point monitor behind your back with the guitar sound.

Hey, excuse me!

Or as my nine yeared son often says, "Okay GP, but not quite Einstein..."

Don´t even know if I came to the right forum or topic?

Here´s the deal: Onemanshow for kids. MacBook Pro with Apogee Duet firewire.

1. Electric guitar that would like to pass through Mainstage for effects - then out to Bose LII ToneMatchMixer. No problems!

2. Backup/playback audio file - from Mainstage (or other application in MacBook Pro) out (in stereo) to another input in Bose ToneMatch (at the same time, of course). Hmm, problems?

3. Input from Vocalist Live on the floor - to computer - effects (Mainstage?) and then out to a third input in ToneMatch... Big problems?

Is there some kind of device or software that can split the signals before Apogee Duet? On the other hand - how trigger audiofiles from Mainstage?

The last 48 hours I´ve been standing tall and proud to solve this equation. What the heck do I need to do? I don´t want to have a MP3 for playback, guitarmultieffect AND Vocalist Pod on the floor. I want to control everything (the world) from the damn computer - what´s the point otherwise. Tried to run audiofile playback from Logic - still it needs stereo - so there´s no output left to use for the guitar only. Am I making myself clear or has it gone to far?

By the way: I also want videoeffects/quicktimemovie run from computer to LCD-screen - during performance.

If someone out there can solve this - I´ll send a signed photo of myself in bathingsuit standing in deep Laplandish novemberpowder. (WorldCupCrosscountry this weekend). If not, I´ll sell the MacBook, burn my guitar, leave the family and start killing myself slowly by ways associated to Lettish moonshine. Appreciatively! Snöskall

Hey, excuse me!

Or as my nine yeared son often says, "Okay GP, but not quite Einstein..."

Don´t even know if I came to the right forum or topic?

Here´s the deal: Onemanshow for kids. MacBook Pro with Apogee Duet firewire.

1. Electric guitar that would like to pass through Mainstage for effects - then out to Bose LII ToneMatchMixer. No problems!

2. Backup/playback audio file - from Mainstage (or other application in MacBook Pro) out (in stereo) to another input in Bose ToneMatch (at the same time, of course). Hmm, problems?

3. Input from Vocalist Live on the floor - to computer - effects (Mainstage?) and then out to a third input in ToneMatch... Big problems?

Is there some kind of device or software that can split the signals before Apogee Duet? On the other hand - how trigger audiofiles from Mainstage?

The last 48 hours I´ve been standing tall and proud to solve this equation. What the heck do I need to do? I don´t want to have a MP3 for playback, guitarmultieffect AND Vocalist Pod on the floor. I want to control everything (the world) from the damn computer - what´s the point otherwise. Tried to run audiofile playback from Logic - still it needs stereo - so there´s no output left to use for the guitar only. Am I making myself clear or has it gone to far?

By the way: I also want videoeffects/quicktimemovie run from computer to LCD-screen - during performance.

If someone out there can solve this - I´ll send a signed photo of myself in bathingsuit standing in deep Laplandish novemberpowder. (WorldCupCrosscountry this weekend). If not, I´ll sell the MacBook, burn my guitar, leave the family and start killing myself slowly by ways associated to Lettish moonshine. Appreciatively! Snöskall

Many have been there/done that!

I was going to help until I read the part about the signed photo.... eeeeeuuuuuuuyyyyuuuucccckkkkk!!!!

A multi channel audio interface /w midi

A small mixer (tone match should suffice).

You need a midi foot controller (it would greatly help) to change guitar patches and other thngs.

Are you using a click track?

Why do you want STEREO if you are going to a mono Bose system?

Logic's audio bin can playback your song files. You can select/start/stop them with your foot controller.

Your VL2/4 floor unit can bypass the comp (unless it is the midi controller pro model) and go directly into the mixer.

Now if you want everything to be handled in Logic, you will need to do this 1 song file at a time for video and audio. Everything can be set up and activated using 'On Stage.' http://fluqe.com/

In Ear Monitoring is useful too.

There´s really Einsteins out there! Much thankful and will of course honor you by NOT sending the offered photo (although its was framed in frigolite from a christmas present that I just opened yesterday - a bit premature.

1. Concerning the stereo question; I just thought that they all are stereo and therefore need both outs from soundcard eg. if you pan channels to set one cable free. Otherwise the sound will be lefthanded (or right)??? No??? Even if Bose is mono, which it is.

2. What the heck is a click track? I mean audiofiles, mp3:s

3. Did you mean that I need a new interface - not the Apogee Duet?

4. Yes, the VL4 doesn´t have to go via computer. I stand corrected.

5.So, I can activate both videofullscreen and backtrack with a tip of a toe?

I say, if this is the solution - I really love an early Santa.

On my way out to the shed.

Welcome to visit Lapland! /snöskall

There´s really Einsteins out there! Much thankful and will of course honor you by NOT sending the offered photo (although its was framed in frigolite from a christmas present that I just opened yesterday - a bit premature.

1. Concerning the stereo question; I just thought that they all are stereo and therefore need both outs from soundcard eg. if you pan channels to set one cable free. Otherwise the sound will be lefthanded (or right)??? No??? Even if Bose is mono, which it is.

2. What the heck is a click track? I mean audiofiles, mp3:s

3. Did you mean that I need a new interface - not the Apogee Duet?

4. Yes, the VL4 doesn´t have to go via computer. I stand corrected.

5.So, I can activate both videofullscreen and backtrack with a tip of a toe?

I say, if this is the solution - I really love an early Santa.

On my way out to the shed.

Welcome to visit Lapland! /snöskall

1 - If you use a stereo MP3, yes, it is most likely stereo. But it is all mono when it leaves the BOSE L1.

2. - I use a click track - a 1, a 2, a click click click click.

I make my own backing tracks and since I mix them to mono, I pan the click to my left ear and the music to center.

Let's say I do an eight bar into on the guitar and the music comes in at the ninth bar. Click click click... Bam! on the money.

Now something like ELP 'From the Beginning' I play the intro and then step on the FCB1010 pedal to start the 4 beat click intro (that only I can hear) and the fun begins.

3. You can get by with the Apogee if you don't need the click track, even if you use the click, you can still do a mono mix as described above.

4. :)

5. Yes, but you do need to plan it all out.

Ho Ho Ho

Thank you for your energy and time! You don´t have to, you know.

I´m too old, have too many kids and a carreerwife - timelock makes it all just have to work from the top. Still don´t get how Onstage can trigger the PLAY in Logic - even if it changes projects fine? (Trial version downloaded). And then - can the Logic Layout be made to start showing full screen video instead of 2million spikes that counts down? How many MidiMessages do I have to send? Do I still have to climb up to the computer? What ear system do you have?

Can you be heared/viewed on the net?

This is my general performance (no comments necessary...): http://svt.se/svt/play/video.jsp?a=1258636

Foot controller purchased today.

Merry Xmas! (provided you celebrate according to same religion)

I have to sleep for a while.

Thank you for your energy and time! You don´t have to, you know.

I´m too old, have too many kids and a carreerwife - timelock makes it all just have to work from the top. Still don´t get how Onstage can trigger the PLAY in Logic - even if it changes projects fine? (Trial version downloaded). And then - can the Logic Layout be made to start showing full screen video instead of 2million spikes that counts down? How many MidiMessages do I have to send? Do I still have to climb up to the computer? What ear system do you have?

Can you be heared/viewed on the net?

This is my general performance (no comments necessary...): http://svt.se/svt/play/video.jsp?a=1258636

Foot controller purchased today.

Merry Xmas! (provided you celebrate according to same religion)

I have to sleep for a while.

Tjenare Snöskalle... :wink:

Mainstage har ett inbyggt skript för att trigga filer ur iTunes.

If you want some help in Swedish please visit our site:

www.logicpro.se

:lol: